Missing Channels ( They're back!)

Sounds like some of the computer equipment malfunctioned to me.A solar flare wouldn't cause map down,and out of market locals showing in the guide.

Sounds like some of the computer equipment malfunctioned to me.A solar flare wouldn't cause map down,and out of market locals showing in the guide.
I noticed KTLA and others were in the guide before going back to normal.

I dunno, a solar flare could cause a computer to malfunction, and if it's the one that controls the market/mapdown filters, then why not? The symptoms reported sounded like all filters were removed, so everyone saw all the physical channels without any filtering and without any specific mapdowns.

I dunno, a solar flare could cause a computer to malfunction, and if it's the one that controls the market/mapdown filters, then why not? The symptoms reported sounded like all filters were removed, so everyone saw all the physical channels without any filtering and without any specific mapdowns.
A solar flare is unlikely to cause a single computer such as the uplink PC at Dish to shift all the channels. Then turn off them in the map down. It might cause a PC to take down everything but not what happened.

Main thing that concerns me here is trouble calls, people calling to complain about them out and CSR's burn the last tech out cause they don't pay attention to notices. I heard there is still an activation and anything to do with changing anything on account outage.

with all the storms that's been happening lately at the uplink center, i think what happen may had been a storm was going through the area at the time, knocked out power at the uplink center and i bet they had backup generators to keep everything working, and unfortunately, they computers that flag the packages went down and didn't get turn back on right away.

Unless they cleared fast, I dont see any storms on their radar that would have done that within the last 2 hours.

I looked at the radar earlier and didn't see anything. I don't think it's weather related because Dish sent out a statement to retailers this time when they didn't the other times.

Looking at Weather Und right now, there are not any storms close to Cheyenne WY. They are west by Craig Colorado heading towards Cheyenne, but not close.