Missing Channels?

How accessible are 110 and 119 in Maine...could Dish do away with EA entirely and just use one set of orbitals to serve the whole country?
A cursory look at DishPointer for Van Buren, Maine says 119 is at 17 degrees above the horizon there, iffy.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My question is why is 129 being decommissioned?
DISH was leasing the satellite from a Canadian Company and they no longer have to do that with the change of Mpeg 2 to Mpeg4. Now both arcs are Mpeg 4 which allows more channels without too much degraded picture quality. It will save DISH money too.

How accessible are 110 and 119 in Maine...could Dish do away with EA entirely and just use one set of orbitals to serve the whole country?
A cursory look at DishPointer for Van Buren, Maine says 119 is at 17 degrees above the horizon there, iffy.
I don't think there are enough transponders to accommodate all of the eastern arc local channels. I don't see that as a viable solution.

Two hours now and nothing.. Just stuck on 058..

Now do I manually remove 129.. I've power cord reset, don't the guide update..
Deader than a door nail,.. Wife is not amused

Yes, a little heads up would have been nice
PUT 129 BACK ONLINE SO WE CAN MIGRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to I manually delete 129.. NOTHING IS WORKING.
I'm going to have them roll a truck and demand a bucket full of credits!
I believe on other threads they have been saying that you have go to the Diagnostics Dish page and make sure the Transponder option isn’t set to “0”. That causes to connection test to spin forever. Set it to “1” with Satellite “110” and redo the “Test Installation” option (Switch Test 058). You might also have to reboot after that. If that doesn’t work, search the other threads in case I got something incorrect.

To me, it's insane to use WA on anything East of the Central Time Zone/Eastern Time Zone line

I believe on other threads they have been saying that you have go to the Diagnostics Dish page and make sure the Transponder option isn’t set to “0”. That causes to connection test to spin forever. Set it to “1” with Satellite “110” and redo the “Test Installation” option (Switch Test 058). You might also have to reboot after that. If that doesn’t work, search the other threads in case I got something incorrect.
Looks like I did get something wrong. It’s the Tuner option that needs to be changed from “0” to “1”, not Transponder. Instructions from Dish over in the “Hopper is screwed” thread.

Friday was when my Wally rebooted which was just turned back on two days before after being deactivated for six weeks. I am traveling in my RV with it. I am guessing this is why it took so long for my guide to update also which finally did on Friday after trying several times to manually update it. I finally got the update step going prior to heading out to eat and it was successful.

Hopefully my H3 at home is not hung up while we are gone. My wife has a lot of shows scheduled to record.