Missing Discovery HD, getting other channels on same TP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

civicbeater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
In orbit
Hey Guys,

I'm at a loss.

I'm getting transponder 17 off of 129 satellite that carries for example Lifetime HD, Discovery HD, and TLC HD.

I'm using a 211 receiver for testing. (for the gurus, i'm running off a QAM Head End)

I'm able to get Lifetime and this transponder shows strong signal, however TLC and discovery are both missing from my guide. Not sure what to do, any help or advice?

-Eric

99% of the people here probably don't have a QAM system. I don't know if that matters or not.

Are they showing up in your All Channels guide? If so, its an authorization glitch and you'll have to call Dish. If not, I can't think of anything. Does a QAM system just re-modulate each transponder from the satellite, or does it demux all the channels and feed out something else, completely alien to a normal Dish subscriber, to the boxes? If the latter, you'll have to talk to whoever maintains your head-end.

99% of the people here probably don't have a QAM system. I don't know if that matters or not.

Are they showing up in your All Channels guide? If so, its an authorization glitch and you'll have to call Dish. If not, I can't think of anything. Does a QAM system just re-modulate each transponder from the satellite, or does it demux all the channels and feed out something else, completely alien to a normal Dish subscriber, to the boxes? If the latter, you'll have to talk to whoever maintains your head-end.

The ones I've seen modulate each TP, they do not break them down.

No, they're not showing up in the guide, however the other channels that are on the same transponder are. Extremely odd. The QAM system just remodulates it. You just gave me great advice indirectly.

I didn't think to try to pull in discovery HD pre-QAM system straight off the satellite and taking the receiver out of QAM mode.

I still wonder if it could be an authorization glitch though. I don't remember what channels it's normally applied to, but one of the many flags that can be set on a channel is to be hidden from non-subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)