Technical Difficulties broadcasting KIRO (Seattle Local CBS Channel 7)?

ThundaPC

Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Pacific NW
Is anyone else in the Seattle area getting the following message when they tune into KIRO Channel 7? HD or otherwise?

"Sorry for the interruption of service. There is no need to call us.

We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible"
Okay, understandable. The problem is that this has been going on for at least a week. Talked to a Dish Network Rep not too long ago and he thinks is may be another dispute although he didn't know about the issue until today.

I've been looking everywhere online for information as to what might be happening here but to no avail. I generally don't post topics like this but this is kind of a last resort. Is anyone else having the same issue?

KIRO's web site (it's under Station > DTV transition) says the move of the antenna will be done by the end of the week. They mentioned on the newscasts before the work started that they would temporarily be a 50% & some OTA users, outlying cable customers & Dish Network customers would lose signal.

I've noticed Dish has a signal for the news, not always the noon news, & primetime programming. The audio sync is so bad for the news, I give up & watch another source.

I'm hoping against hope that when they are all done I will be able to get KIRO OTA (there's a 900' hill in LOS for us).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)