Missing first anniversary gift

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulr

Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Today I got a flyer/postcard from D* asking me to celebrate our first year together (I'm just hitting my 1-year anniversary as a D* sub) with "a gift of paper". Inside, there's a sticky spot where something was obviously glue, but it's gone now. Any idea what it was? Is it going to be worth my time to brave the D* customer service labyrinth to get a replacement?

My guess is it is a free pay-per-view movie coupon. They send those every once in a while. Chances are it has a dollar limit and maybe an expiration date, but if you want to watch a PPV, give them a call.

I had a free showtime for 3 months when it happened - check your D* online account.

A lot of customers are getting Showtime for 3 free months. However, a lot of customers are also getting notified a month into it. *confused* ... just call and ask ... if it's showtime, what we can do is cancel the three-free-months at the time of your call then start it back up again ... so you get 3 free months that you can actually watch. ;)

--Elf

How do you quallify for the free Showtime 3 month deal ? I've been with D* since Oct. 2001 and have all the movie channels except Showtime, and I've never got this deal.

D* is pushing Showtime so hard. The programming is so bad that they offered it to me for 6 months for free and I told them to forget it. The movies and shows are unwatchable.

Crazy 1 said:
How do you quallify for the free Showtime 3 month deal ? I've been with D* since Oct. 2001 and have all the movie channels except Showtime, and I've never got this deal.

The slip of paper in the one I got said it was for my one year anniversary of having directv. I would also like to second the statement about showtime mostly sucking, though I did finally see "The Core" today, and the repeated showings of "Busty Cops" lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)