Missing HD Channels on Dish. (Bluegras, this is for you)

I checked my locals with OTA to be sure. I get them from Lexington , KY.. No tv land. MeTV is there and it is cropped. As our guru Hipkat suggests you can use tv settings to stretch it.
My 9 year old Vizio‘s Settings show option “Wide”. When I select that I see 4 choices : wide, zoom, normal and stretch. “Wide” does nothing. Normal is the default with croppped ( black) vertical columns. “Zoom” seemed fuzzy to my eyes. “ Stretch“ worked fine. Entire screen.

Zippyfrog;
I imagine your tv has the capability to mirror from phone. How do you accomplish that? I heard Roku device allows you to do something similar from pc. I am totally clueless about this.
If you have a Chromecast device you can cast from many apps from your Cellphone. Samsung phones can cast to Samsung devices. From a computer almost anything can be cast with Chromecast.

When you cast you can use your phone or tablet for other things, or turn off the screen etc.

I checked my locals with OTA to be sure. I get them from Lexington , KY.. No tv land. MeTV is there and it is cropped. As our guru Hipkat suggests you can use tv settings to stretch it.
My 9 year old Vizio‘s Settings show option “Wide”. When I select that I see 4 choices : wide, zoom, normal and stretch. “Wide” does nothing. Normal is the default with croppped ( black) vertical columns. “Zoom” seemed fuzzy to my eyes. “ Stretch“ worked fine. Entire screen.

Zippyfrog;
I imagine your tv has the capability to mirror from phone. How do you accomplish that? I heard Roku device allows you to do something similar from pc. I am totally clueless about this.
Don't resize the screen with the TV menu. That resizes for all programming. Use the Dish Remote. Options/#6 Display (Size). That will only resize the SD Channels

Zippyfrog;
Yes. I have a Samsung TV as well as a Roku. My phone is an iPhone, and that phone has Dish Anywhere app on it. When I start streaming on my iPhone, there is a option in the Dish Anywhere App where I click to do screen mirroring. All I need to do is choose my Samsung TV or the Roku. My TV automatically tunes to the mirroring setting and I see the stream on my TV.

Reactions: sktrus and Tampa8
I don't think TVLand is on OTA stations, not in the U.S. anyway. TVLandish like channels like Antenna TV, Decades, and others are.
You can also watch without an app online at their site by using the DISH credentials.

Ah yes, you are quite right and I stand corrected. I was confusing MeTV with TVLand as their programming is similar. MeTv is cropped OTA but I can fill the screen with zoom and the OTA pic quality is quite good to my eyes. Not blurry at all but I suppose your device and signal quality has an impact on that too. I’m lucky that station doesn’t saturate their bandwidth with useless sub-channels of garbage (ie: shopping nonsense).

Reactions: Tampa8
MeTv is a sub channel of a major OTA network in my local area.

Mine is too. I didn't mean to imply MeTv is not on a sub channel but that OTA network provider has only 2 low bandwidth subs so MeTv looks very good. A couple other major network OTA's here have upwards of 4-5 subs including shopping and other higher bandwidth programming. When I watch those subs they don't look quite as sharp as MeTv.