Missing HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hokieboo

Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
so for about 3 or 4 weeks I have been missing a handful of HD channels. I called Directv and they ran thru some tests (but did not look at signal strength) and all I got was they would forward along the issue and call back in 48 hours which they never did.

I noticed today that when I look at the strength on 103(c) I get

1-8 28 15 29 19 28 15 27 19

9-16 26 15 29 19 25 15 N/A N/A

17 -24 31 N/A N/A N/A N/A 13 N/A N/A

So it ssems like an alignment problem right? If so, how easy is it to fix by myself? Do I just use the fine tuners on the back or do I need to move the dish a little bit by loosening a bolt?

Should I have a technician come out and do it?

Just make sure your Mast is plumb, and your tilt and elevation is correct first. Then you could try your fine tuning ajustments. ,But it really helps to have a signal finder.

Hokie,
Try this first, set your TV on the Signal strength section , have someone watch the TV.
Go up/out to your dish and without loosing any bolts, gently place some pressure on the sides and then the top and bottom of the dish and see if the numbers increase or decrease.
Once you get the 101 in the 90's check the other sats, then when that is good, use the fine tuning adjustments for the 99 and 103c mainly the 103c as there is not much on the 99 at this point.

Jimbo

what satellites have the Directv HD on? I see in the list 3 satellites for directv
101.110 and 119?

Depending on your setup you may or may not have the following; however the current DirecTV 5 LNB/HD orbital location setup is as follows.

99.2°W Spaceway 2 & DirecTV 11

101.0°W DirecTV 4S/8

102.8°W Spaceway 1 & DirecTV 10

109.8°W DirecTV 5

119.0°W DirecTV 7S

No my problem is i can't get 119, house in the way :(

There's really not much on the 119 anymore and what is will be moved probably shortly after the new sat is up and running when D* decides to move the rest of the HD to the 103 and 99.
I think one of the ESPN's and one HBO might still be on the 119 that I can remember.

Jimbo

the house next door to me is a 2 story house and 25 feet apart. My dishes are on the Garage wall.... Guess i will have to put up a dish in the back yard...

How tall is your house? What about your roof with a standard mount or a non-penetrating mount or maybe even an eave mount?

ELEVATE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)