Missing HD Channels

Was it actually a 722k receiver?

It wasn't a 722k. Just a regular 722... I did ask if he had the 722k but all he had was 2 722's in his truck. I'm not complaining though, it didn't cost me a dime to get the 625 upgraded, now I just gotta upgrade the tv it is on.... The tv doesn't even support 480p only 480i...lol

It wasn't a 722k. Just a regular 722... I did ask if he had the 722k but all he had was 2 722's in his truck. ...
You said it came with a learning remote. I'm sure I'm confused, but I thought the 722k was the one with a learning remote. :confused:

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Your account is probably tagged wrong if you're still getting calls. I can fix it in just a few seconds if you'd like (just PM a phone/account number)

If you never received any calls or letters, chances are your account was probably tagged wrong. The reason we made the virtual channel moves is so that we can get customers (like yourself) to call in to get a migration done.

If there's anything you want me to review, feel free to PM account info.

I recently did the switch from hybrid to EA. However I never recei ed a call or a letter. If I wasnt on sat guys I never wouldhave known until I started loosing hds.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I contacted Dish about this, they sent some contractor to me who just said "that's where Dish moved the channels to" >.< thanks to google I found this thread.

I'm in Maryland & I keep getting calls about needing to upgrade. I have the VIP622 & the Satellites are 119, 110 & 61.5. Do I really need to upgrade? Most of my HD channels moved to the 4000's. I don't seem to be missing any channels. No one is home during the hours that they would need to come out, so if I don't need to upgrade I don't want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yes you will need to upgrade. Those channels in the 4000's are going to be removed soon so you wouldnt have lost most HD channels
They are temp channels letting you know you NEED to upgrade to Eastern Arc

I'm in Maryland & I keep getting calls about needing to upgrade. I have the VIP622 & the Satellites are 119, 110 & 61.5. Do I really need to upgrade? Most of my HD channels moved to the 4000's. I don't seem to be missing any channels. No one is home during the hours that they would need to come out, so if I don't need to upgrade I don't want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you do. They are converting to the EARC, 61.5, 72 and 77. Local HD is migrating off 61.5. There are a number of HD channels you are not getting. History International and many more. Go to "The ist" at the top of the forum and see what channels are on the above 3 mentioned sat's. Are you getting your locals in HD. If not you will when you switch. I know when I was switched to the EARC, I picked up a significant number of HD channels.
You might be able to get a weekend install.
As you are new, we have the "Dirt" team on line. their names will be in red with a @dishnetwork address. PM one of them your phone number and they can check it out for you. They are very helpful

Got another stupid question. Would the technician need to do anything with the connection to my receiver or would they just need to change out the two dishes for one? The reason I ask is that my entertainment center is very large & heavy & cannot be moved so it's gonna be a pain if they have to do something to the connections to it. Plus, I just have these small holes that the cables fit through. You'd have to see it. The last guy that came out when I got my new DVR had a fit. Also, when does this all need to be done by. I am going on vacation for a few weeks.

Got another stupid question. Would the technician need to do anything with the connection to my receiver or would they just need to change out the two dishes for one? The reason I ask is that my entertainment center is very large & heavy & cannot be moved so it's gonna be a pain if they have to do something to the connections to it. Plus, I just have these small holes that the cables fit through. You'd have to see it. The last guy that came out when I got my new DVR had a fit. Also, when does this all need to be done by. I am going on vacation for a few weeks.
Hi, the technician would normally do an inspection of the entire system. If all the wiring in your home is good then he would not need to change anything at the receiver itself. We do recommend that the upgrade be done as soon as possible but a after your vacation should be fine. Have a great time and we will get this completed for you when you return!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)