missing local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fandreu

Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
texas
I just moved and reinstalled antenna & receiver (Slimline5 / H21-100). Everything seems to be normal except for all local channels.
Satellite Signal shows:
101°- 87%,
110°- 91%,
119°- 93%,
103°(c)- 80%,
103°(s)- 0%,
99°(s)- 0%.
Thanks a lot for your help.

I just moved and reinstalled antenna & receiver (Slimline5 / H21-100). Everything seems to be normal except for all local channels.
Satellite Signal shows:
101°- 87%,
110°- 91%,
119°- 93%,
103°(c)- 80%,
103°(s)- 0%,
99°(s)- 0%.

It sounds like you did the install yourself. Did you make sure the mast is plumb? This is very important!

101 needs to be better then that you might have to tweak some more also were is 99c.
find out what sat your locals are on assuming your don't get HD or maybe you are out of the spot beam

Satellite Signal shows:
101°- 87%,
110°- 91%,
119°- 93%,
103°(c)- 80%,
103°(s)- 0%,
99°(s)- 0%.

How far did you move? Are you still in the same city/zip code?

Also there are several transpoders on 103s and 99s, you will see many zero's on these given they are spotbeams. Sounds like you need to tweak it more, 101 to 95+ and 99c/103c to 90 range, then try those spotbeams.

I took the time to read old posts related to my issue. There’s plenty information about it. I learned all there is to know about service, DNS, OTA, spot beam. Thanks to all for your help, and thanks to SatelliteGuys for this useful tool.

I am having the same issue, and it is actually the reason why I joined this forum (I've been reading for a long time, but never needed to post). I am just fed up with this local stuff. I'm ready to tell DTV that I am "moving". Where can I move to where I can get both the NY and LA channels? Does anyone know? I know this is not right, but if I miss the Superbowl I am going to be really, really peeved off.

Thanks for all you help over the years!

I am having the same issue, and it is actually the reason why I joined this forum (I've been reading for a long time, but never needed to post). I am just fed up with this local stuff. I'm ready to tell DTV that I am "moving". Where can I move to where I can get both the NY and LA channels? Does anyone know? I know this is not right, but if I miss the Superbowl I am going to be really, really peeved off.

Thanks for all you help over the years!

What is your zip code? You may be able to get hd locals.

I am in the Plattsburgh, NY area. Right now I get Fox and PBS. The other locals come up 771. They are currently in the process of doing something to the locals in my area, I'm just not to sure what they are doing.

It may be easier for me to move to the outskirts of town, get the NY channels and not have to deal with these channels going down. It becomes somewhat of a pain.

I am in the Plattsburgh, NY area. Right now I get Fox and PBS. The other locals come up 771. They are currently in the process of doing something to the locals in my area, I'm just not to sure what they are doing.

It may be easier for me to move to the outskirts of town, get the NY channels and not have to deal with these channels going down. It becomes somewhat of a pain.

You shouldn't be having issues getting your locals. Did you do the install yourself? If not, get the installer back and have them fix it. If you did it yourself, did you make sure the mast was plumb? If it isn't, moving won't help you get the NYC locals. Let us know so that we can help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)