Missing : One Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened in Michigan earlier this year in the Sand Lake area south of Adrian. A water treatment lagoon went dry overnight and they discovered a fissure in the middle of the lake bed as well but have no idea where the water has went to after that. There are no known cave structures in the imediate area but its suspected that there may be possibly an abandoned mine shaft or two though what they mining for in an area thats heavily sand I dont know. Its more likely a salt cavern like what is found under Detroit that opened up.

Same thing happened in Michigan earlier this year in the Sand Lake area south of Adrian. A water treatment lagoon went dry overnight and they discovered a fissure in the middle of the lake bed as well but have no idea where the water has went to after that. There are no known cave structures in the imediate area but its suspected that there may be possibly an abandoned mine shaft or two though what they mining for in an area thats heavily sand I dont know. Its more likely a salt cavern like what is found under Detroit that opened up.

ohio around put in bay has interrconnected caves. one opening was the blue hole a one time attraction, I toured a cave in the area, they mentioned it connected undergound to a old attraction. I asked the blue hole?

showed my age it had been closed since early 70s

RT 22 in pa was being widened, they found a cave,

might be a big cave there no one ever discovered.

Its supposed to have happened in Mississippi. A man made lake in a subdivision goes dry, property values plummet, and a bunch of richie rich wanna bes start calling congressmen and call in talk shows. For the love of all that is holy I cannot remember the name of that place, but it was a couple of years back. :eek:

A sinkhole had opened in the bottom of the lake and drained all the water.

Blue hole closed in the 80's somewhere around 86 - 87, I had went there with family friends that we lived on the same street with during a time frame matching that period. Beleive me there wasnt much to look at other than a hole in the ground with water that was totally devoid of oxygen ( hence the blue color ) and a spiraling man made stream with a few trout in it. There was nothing else to it other than a local guy selling honey at a stand there, I went by there two years later and the place was closed.

RT 22 in pa was being widened, they found a cave,

might be a big cave there no one ever discovered.

Pretty doubtful but thats what Im guessing, the area is mostly sand and going back into prehistoric periods it along with most of Michigan was lake/marsh/swamp so its possible.

Blue hole closed in the 80's somewhere around 86 - 87, I had went there with family friends that we lived on the same street with during a time frame matching that period. Beleive me there wasnt much to look at other than a hole in the ground with water that was totally devoid of oxygen ( hence the blue color ) and a spiraling man made stream with a few trout in it. There was nothing else to it other than a local guy selling honey at a stand there, I went by there two years later and the place was closed.

I think they oxgenated that water and used it for a fish farm

it may still be used for farming, the water that is.

what town was blue hole in?

The spiraling stream had a series of steps in it to oxygenate it.

The site is located in Castilia south west of Sandusky, I found this site and it looks like it is open again but its use is diferent from what it was before.

There was one on Modern Marvals Engineering disasters on the History channel a few years back where there was a salt mine under a lake.

There was an oil company that was drilling some test holes in the lake to potentially drill for oil. Apparently they did not drill into the right spot because it went right into a salt mine shaft, and it drained the entire lake within a few hours.

Then the river that fed the lake, started to flow the opposite direction and 2 days later the entire lake was filled again.

The problem was that the entire shoreline got screwed up with the amount of water going into the sink hole.

There was one on Modern Marvals Engineering disasters on the History channel a few years back where there was a salt mine under a lake.

There was an oil company that was drilling some test holes in the lake to potentially drill for oil. Apparently they did not drill into the right spot because it went right into a salt mine shaft, and it drained the entire lake within a few hours.

Then the river that fed the lake, started to flow the opposite direction and 2 days later the entire lake was filled again.

The problem was that the entire shoreline got screwed up with the amount of water going into the sink hole.

Here's the video: YouTube - Lake Peigneur (disappearing lake) History Channel footage

Incredible disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)