Missing some channels - DISH 250

user123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
TEXAS
Hello

I have the DISH 250 package (new customer) and the following are missing from the Guide and also cannot be physically entered on the remote and tuned in

206- Fox Business News
207 - CNBC World
195 - Military Channel
196 - Current TV channel

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to "scan all channels" via the receiver ?

Receiver: VIP 222
Satellite: 119
Signal: Full green bar

Thank You

With a Dish 500, yes. If it is a Dish 300, no. As a new customer, you should have a Dish 500. Your problem should be one of these: 1. Need to run check switch. 2. Dish needs to be adjusted. 3. You may have an obstruction of your line of sight to the 110 sat location.

Hello

I have the DISH 250 package (new customer) and the following are missing from the Guide and also cannot be physically entered on the remote and tuned in

206- Fox Business News
207 - CNBC World
195 - Military Channel
196 - Current TV channel

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to "scan all channels" via the receiver ?

Receiver: VIP 222
Satellite: 119
Signal: Full green bar

Thank You

All of the missing ones are on the 110 satellite. A check switch test will make the receiver try to get all of the satellites that it can. Easy to do.

All of the missing ones are on the 110 satellite. A check switch test will make the receiver try to get all of the satellites that it can. Easy to do.

OK yes, I just (duh) figured that out about the 110 Sat. Another thing, my green signal bar is now red with an X thru it, however I still get most of my channels. A few NY locals do NOT come in, which did come in a few days ago. Heavy rain in the area right now.

Weather related or do I need to do something to restore the green bar.

Menu->System Setup->Installation->System Info->under the "g" Signal box

OK yes, I just (duh) figured that out about the 110 Sat. Another thing, my green signal bar is now red with an X thru it, however I still get most of my channels. A few NY locals do NOT come in, which did come in a few days ago. Heavy rain in the area right now.

Weather related or do I need to do something to restore the green bar.

Menu->System Setup->Installation->System Info->under the "g" Signal box

Do you really not want to do a check switch test? It may fix some things.

There is such a thing as rain fade, so if you have heavy rain that could be a problem. If you have problems on a nice day, that would be your install or the receiver, or a cable or a switch.

I would still start with a check switch test.

Also, go into menu then hit 6,1,1 on the remote,. This will bring you to the dish pointing screen. There you can check the reception on each transponder.

If this is a new install by Dish or a reseller, you should be able to have any problems fixed for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)