Mitsubishi Drops DLP Displays

I own a 62" Mitsu DLP - it's a good set, not great, and is now on its 3rd or 4th light engine - moving parts stink!

I own a 62" Mitsu DLP - it's a good set, not great, and is now on its 3rd or 4th light engine - moving parts stink!

I have a 6 year old Toshiba DLP and all I have had to do is replace the bulb once. Do you have a AVR/Battery backup for your TV? If not then I highly suggest one.

My dad has my old Diamond DLP. He's wants it to die so he can get a new flatscreen and mount it. He didn't want my old wall unit that made it look spectacular.

S~

I knew something was up when I stopped by my local HHGreqq store a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't a single Mitsubishi DLP on display.

I'm happy with my JVC LCoS RPTV. I was hoping to have a DLP without the color wheel as an option when mine dies. Oh well.

We like our Mitsu DLP but the bulb replacement is getting up there in cost. When our DLP goes belly up I think we will get a flat panel 3D LED.

I kinda figured it was coming. They got so big, you needed a tank of a room because of angle issues and the hotspot. I liked the 73" I had pic wise, but the hot spot and angles just could not work for me.

Im hoping we see a 70" plasma this year.

I didn't go with the Mitsubishi because of the moving parts that could becoming an issue and the bulb failures I heard about. I chose the Samsung LED DLP which was the best bang for the buck for a television that lit up with LED's at the time and never had an issue with it in the past three years. I got a 32 inch 1080p Panasonic LED LCD which is noticeably brighter than my Sammy and it is used as a computer monitor. I am impressed with the LED technology that this television uses and will go with an LED television when the Sammy dies unless something better is out by that time. Perhaps OLED will have a stance at that point.

I think you may be misinformed. Samsung, Panasonic and LG are all still making them. Panasonic is moving away from LCD heading into OLED with Sony. Until OLED kicks in, there is really no replacement for plasma performance when it comes to black level, and they keep getting named one of the best tv's every year. Then LCD can't compete on size per dollar. Its looking pretty good for a 70+" panasonic this year, and Ill def grab one.

Some details are already out about the 2013 models, just not sizing. 2015 has been the last year of plasma pick for me, but some seem to think 2017 range. OLED won't be cheaper for awhile.

OLED is in the chicken/egg phase for large screens. The cost of manufacturing is still high, which keeps prices up which keeps demand down.

Hands down, best PQ around though.

Doesn't OLED have the potential to be the cheapest display ever once they mass produce it and get the price down? I thought I read a few years back that it may become very cheap someday.

HD CRT-RPTV...best picture of any TV we've owned,.
Toally agree, We had a 51 inch sony, I swear that PQ was the best ,I still believe so to this date.

We got rid of ours also for a New Rear LCD sony, and I hated it as well. Over $500 in bulbs. I had our sony CRT RPTV for 7 years and never an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts