Mitsubishi RP HDTV - Bulb Question

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
Does anyone have any idea how much replacement bulbs for a Mitsubishi Rear Projection HDTV (55") would cost? I've noticed some burn in on my set, and was told the only thing I can do is replace the bulbs.

Just go to Welcome to Mitsubishi Parts and plug in your model number. I will assume you're talking about CRT RPTV since you mentioned 55" in addition to bulb(s). Anyway, I just noticed the Mits website only returned 6 items when I plugged in my WS-55511 so you will probably have to call 1-800-553-7278. Offhand, I can pickup a replacement lamp from a 3rd party for my Mits Diamond DLP for considerably less than the $260 listed on their website. As for the red, green and blue lamps...expect to pay a small fortune since I doubt you can find them anywhere else. That's why we're leaving our Mits CRT with the house when we put it up for sale in March.

Update: I decided to contact Mits Parts and found out the green and blue lamps are no longer available...however, the red lamp was $248.10. When I asked, "What do I do when a lamp other than red goes bad?" I was told the lamps were not designed to go bad.:eek: That reminds of a line from the movie Full Metal Jacket when Gunnery Sergeant said, "You will be in a world of sh*t because Marines (or Mitsubishi CRTs) are not allowed to die without permission.":rolleyes: Anyway, the parts clerk could not tell me where to locate a 3rd party CRT lamp.

Sorry...:eek:

Last edited:
If you know the part #, try Ebay. Was successful getting new lamp and a spare for my Sammy DLP there at substantial savings. And they were Samsung OEM replacements, not a "knock off".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)