Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I just pulled the trigger on this deal from TigerDirect: Toshiba 40RF350U Super Narrow Bezel LCD TV, 9 Free movies (4 in the box, 5 by mail), HD-A30 HD-DVD Player 1080p, Cables To Go 2-Meter Velocity HDMI Cable (Bundle) at TigerDirect.com

I'm not sure how much longer it will be aroound, but I checked the set out at the new Circuit City near us and it's a nice looking TV. I especially like the 40" 1080 panel with the outside dimensions of a 37" TV. The price is great considering they throw in an HD-A30 HD-DVD player to boot. Even without the HD-DVD and the HDMI, the price is $150 what I've seen elsewhere on-line and $400 under the CC price.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with the rest of my fellow SatelliteGuys (and GALs)...

I saw this orignally earlier today and was like $1899? it's ok. Didn't even see the discount price. Nice grab!

It looks like the deal is still valid, but now it's showing up as an instant $600 rebate.

I'm surprised the deal included shipping, too. No tax, either (I'll settle up come 2009 tax time ;))! The HD-A30 shows as back-ordered, though. Hmmm...

Update: 1) The Toshiba arrived last Friday and after it sat around all weekend (it was our annual ski outing; believe it or not, some things are more important than HD :eek:) I unboxed the set Sunday evening and checked it out. Looks fantastic, and my wife even commented on how great the picture is (total shock). 2) The link I provideed above was slightly wrong; I should have used : Toshiba 40RF350U Super Narrow Bezel LCD TV, 9 Free movies (4 in the box, 5 by mail), HD-A30 HD-DVD Player 1080p, Cables To Go 2-Meter Velocity HDMI Cable (Bundle) at TigerDirect.com 3) The backorder on the HD-A30 HD-DVD player is mid-February (2/18 on my paperwork) so don't plan on watching movies in HD right away... ;)

The only bummer came from when we removed the old 34" CRT from the TV stand my Father-in-Law had built for us when we got our house. The top panel had this huge crack in it. I guess the heat and weight from the CRT must have dried out the panel unevenly and caused it to shrink. The old 110 lb. set was setting on the stand for the last 7 years or so; the new LCD is maybe 55 lb., so it should hold up and not crack any further, but I'm not sure how it could be repaired. Like I said, a bit of a bummer. Check out my Members Gallery to see the old set.

Attachments

• Toshiba 40RF530U.jpg
    Toshiba 40RF530U.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
3) The backorder on the HD-A30 HD-DVD player is mid-February (2/18 on my paperwork) so don't plan on watching movies in HD right away... ;)
Of course, right after I say that, I come home from work and find the HD-A30 sitting on my doorstep. :) It's smaller than my old DVD player, so I am able to stack my ViP 211 on top of the HD-A30 and still have some room for air circulation. :up

I watched "Apollo 13" last night, which seemed fitting as my wife and I had been watching "The Right Stuff" on HDNet Movies. The HD-A30 came with "300" and "The Bourne Identity" included; TigerDirect sent "Apollo 13" and "TF&TF: Tokyo Drift". I need to fill out the "5-Free through the mail form" for the rest.

I also need to hook up my Linksys 5-port Ethernet switch as I now have two items that need Ethernet in my bedroom stack. Something about that just seems wrong... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)