Mitsubishi WS-55511 want power on

maxbyrd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Alabama
My Mits WS-55511 will not power on. I press the power on button and the light comes on for about 3 seconds and goes off. I have tried unplugging the TV for a period of time(up to 24 hours) and that hasn't helped. Any suggestions?????

As a former Mitsubishi owner, I feel your pain. Do you feel comfortable opening up the back of your TV? If not, there's not a lot I can help you with.

If you don't mind poking around inside your TV and have some mechanical skills, you can Google "Green LED of Death" which will guide in finding some of the sites that help people like us whose Mitsubishi sets have died. TechLore was recommended to me. I wrote about my dead Mits adventures in this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/pub-members-bar-grill/153453-i-just-saved-myself-991-51-a.html

Your problem sounds similar to one I read about on the other sites. The common cause seems to be damage to the front panel buttons which cause the Main Board CPU to not process the Power On command from the front panel or the remote. One quick way to test this is to unplug the front panel from the Main Board and use the remote to turn the TV on. If that works, you can either attempt to repair the Front Panel switch board, or buy a new one (I found parts for mine at the PartsStore.com website). Here's the link to parts for your set: Parts for Your Mitsubishi WS-55511 at PartStore.com

But, I should warn you, do not open up your set if you don't know what you're doing! There are very high voltages present inside, even after the TV has been unplugged for some time. Touch the wrong thing and you can be seriously injured or electrocuted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)