Mixing LNB and LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jbax

Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
south Georgia, USA
Need advise from the group. I am installing a multi-dish system with 4 c band antennae through diseqC switch. I have two LNBFs and two of the polar rotor type LNBs. All four will be dedicated to one satellite each (no motor). On two of the satellites, I am only interested in the Horizontal signals, so I will not need to change polarity. Not going to use any kind of piggy back setup to activate the rotor. Planning to manually set the rotor position and leave it there. I do want the LNBFs on the other two antennae to change polarity like normal. Any problems anyone can see mixing these? Mainly concerned about damage to the LNB or receiver. Have any of you tried this? Thanks.

If you set the servo feeds probes to the proper skew, the only problem I see is if you scan the satellite, with the non operational servo, you'll get the channels scanned in on the opposite polarity(the receiver doesn't know the polarity didn't change) Simply deleting the improper TP's will remove the "doubles" I suggest using the Horizontal polarity setting in the receiver, on these dishes even if the desired polarities are vertical, as it will then supply 18vdc to the LNB's. Very few LNB's work well with only 13 vdc.

Good points, I hadn't considered either. Dishes are already in place. Cable already in place. Have a new Openbox S10 receiver. Hope to set them up this weekend if my meter arrives in time!

Status
Please reply by conversation.