MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post please be gentle!! We finally are out of contract with Dish and had been pleased with them until baseball season started. We live 180 miles from st louis and my husband is a huge cardinals fan. We have the sports pack but due to some dispute with Fox and dish we can no longer watch the cardinal games. My husband has been researching and calling to no avail. MLBtv blocks the cards games too so we are switching to Directv. Can anyone tell me if you are having problems viewing any games on direct? I hate to sign another two year contract then not get to see the games. Thanks, the baseball widow = )

This is my first post please be gentle!! We finally are out of contract with Dish and had been pleased with them until baseball season started. We live 180 miles from st louis and my husband is a huge cardinals fan. We have the sports pack but due to some dispute with Fox and dish we can no longer watch the cardinal games. My husband has been researching and calling to no avail. MLBtv blocks the cards games too so we are switching to Directv. Can anyone tell me if you are having problems viewing any games on direct? I hate to sign another two year contract then not get to see the games. Thanks, the baseball widow = )
Welcome to SatGuys. This question would probably be better in the DirecTV forum instead of the sports forum.

Blackout rules are set by MLB, not the provider. If a game is blocked in your area on MLB.TV and Dish, it will also be blocked on DirecTV and every other provider. If St. Louis is your local team you should be able to watch Cards games on your local sports networks and or TV station.

Can you give us your zip code so we can look up what your are supposed to get with DirecTV and what teams are blacked out on out of market packages?

Welcome to SatGuys. This question would probably be better in the DirecTV forum instead of the sports forum.

Blackout rules are set by MLB, not the provider. If a game is blocked in your area on MLB.TV and Dish, it will also be blocked on DirecTV and every other provider. If St. Louis is your local team you should be able to watch Cards games on your local sports networks and or TV station.

Can you give us your zip code so we can look up what your are supposed to get with DirecTV and what teams are blacked out on out of market packages?

Thank you I considered about putting it in the Directv forum, however, the ONLY reason we are switching is baseball. The cardinal & reds games are both blocked from our zip code on mlbtv. We have always been able to get the cardinal games in the past until this season when fox? or dish ? (called both several times one blames the other) changed the boundaries to include our zip in the Cinn Reds viewing area. Dish blames Fox and is airing all the REDS games in our sports pack on Foxsports midwest. For years we previously we got the cardinal games on this channel. Wondered if anyone else was having issues like this with dish? Our neighbors with Directv are watching the cards on Foxsports midwest. Thanks

Thank you I considered about putting it in the Directv forum, however, the ONLY reason we are switching is baseball. The cardinal & reds games are both blocked from our zip code on mlbtv. We have always been able to get the cardinal games in the past until this season when fox? or dish ? (called both several times one blames the other) changed the boundaries to include our zip in the Cinn Reds viewing area. Dish blames Fox and is airing all the REDS games in our sports pack on Foxsports midwest. For years we previously we got the cardinal games on this channel. Wondered if anyone else was having issues like this with dish? Our neighbors with Directv are watching the cards on Foxsports midwest. Thanks

The Boundaries are determined by the TEAM themselves .... you'll be better to contact the team if you can.

+45: Run differential by the Cleveland Indians. Best in the bigs.
1. First walk-off Grand Slam by Carlos Santana last night against the Tigers
11: consecutive home wins!
4.5: Game lead in the AL Central over the 2nd place team.
17: Wins. Tied with best in the bigs.
1. First start for our 2009 first round selection, Alex White from UNC is tonight.
23. Alex White has pitched 23 innings in AAA Columbus. He had 28 K's in those 23 innings.
86. Wins if the Tribe goes just .500 for the remainder of the season. Enough to win the AL Central?

I'm extremely impressed by the Tribe.

As for the rest of the division- Twins don't seem their normal scary selves, Tigers are schizo, and the White Sox are colder than a Dairy Queen Blizzard.

I like their chances a lot.

+45: Run differential by the Cleveland Indians. Best in the bigs.
1. First walk-off Grand Slam by Carlos Santana last night against the Tigers
11: consecutive home wins!
4.5: Game lead in the AL Central over the 2nd place team.
17: Wins. Tied with best in the bigs.
1. First start for our 2009 first round selection, Alex White from UNC is tonight.
23. Alex White has pitched 23 innings in AAA Columbus. He had 28 K's in those 23 innings.
86. Wins if the Tribe goes just .500 for the remainder of the season. Enough to win the AL Central?

I'm extremely impressed by the Tribe.

As for the rest of the division- Twins don't seem their normal scary selves, Tigers are schizo, and the White Sox are colder than a Dairy Queen Blizzard.

I like their chances a lot.

86 wins won't win the division, or it better NOT win it, I should say.

Sabes, you hit the Tigers on the head, very schizo.

Wake-field!
Wake-field!

:D
He's like this guy:
jason-friday-the13th-part-6.jpg

He just won't die! :)

Through the month of April, both MLB-wide batting average (.251) and Runs per Game (8.6) are at a 19 year low. Could this be a by-product of the efforts made to end PED usage??

Yep...

And the fact that baseball always goes through cycles. The 1960's were the most pitching dominated years, as well as part of the 1980's. The 1970's and the 1990's saw hitting domination.

Plus you need to remember that pitchers were taking PED's as well

Yep...

And the fact that baseball always goes through cycles. The 1960's were the most pitching dominated years, as well as part of the 1980's. The 1970's and the 1990's saw hitting domination.

Plus you need to remember that pitchers were taking PED's as well
If everyone was juicing, and now everyone has stopped, shouldn't have the statistical changes been negligible??

He's like this guy:
jason-friday-the13th-part-6.jpg

He just won't die! :)

A difference between them is their method of execution, effectiveness, and variety.

Jason would use different weapons in the different movies- Wakefield never switched from one dominant pitch to another. Knuckler all the way!

Indian April

Breaking Statistic:

In 111 years of existence, this is the first time this club has won 18 games in April.

Manager Manny Acta on the subject:
“I told my coaching staff [Friday] night, ‘No one can take that from us as a team.’ It’s amazing if you look back at the great ballclubs that have been in Cleveland for 100 years. It’s historic.We’re always going to cherish that. The season’s not over, but what a month."

Reason to believe?? Five times in the past seven years, the team leading the Central Division on May 1 has gone on to win the division.

Breaking Statistic:

In 111 years of existence, this is the first time this club has won 18 games in April.

Reason to believe?? Five times in the past seven years, the team leading the Central Division on May 1 has gone on to win the division.

OK HD, we are now that much closer to the azaleas blooming...keep the faith!

Sandra

Welcome!!!

Cannot speak to your specific situation, but I can tell you we have no issue with DirecTV here. We're in between NY and Philly...cable companies here carry both NY and Philly stations, but DirecTV has placed us in the NY market, we receive Mets and Yankees games with our local stations, and we are not blacked out of Phillie games in the MLB Extra Innings package. It all works flawlessly.

Hope it works out for you guys!

Sandra

Breaking Statistic:

Some here would poo poo that accomplishment since the season started so early this year....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox pushes English soccer alongside NFL

Pryor leaving OSU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)