MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor kid. This just might be the worst pitching line ever. From last night's CLE-KC game:

Code:
[SIZE="1"]Pitcher     IP   H  R  ER BB SO HR PC-ST  ERA[/SIZE] 
V Mazzaro 2.1 11 14 14 3 2 1 77-43 22.74

All runs were earned and Mazzaro is the first MLB pitcher to allow 14 runs in 3 innings or less...

OUCH!!!!

Some interesting factoids about Jose Bautista and the Twins from ESPN.com. Iceberg may not like them though...

• Is Jose Bautista amazing or what? He just hit five home runs in one weekend at Target Field. They came in a mere 14 at-bats. The Twins (all of them) have hit six home runs there all season -- in 509 at-bats.

• Then again, Bautista has hit 16 home runs this season in all the parks he's played, in 114 at-bats. The Twins' whole team has hit 18 homers all season -- in 1,283 at-bats.

• Our buddy Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune unfurled this amazing pearl today on Bautista: Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau have played a combined 129 games at Target Field -- and hit a total of five home runs. Bautista now has played seven games there -- and hit seven bombs. Yikes.

Is there life after .165 for Jorge Posada? - ESPN

Funny how Jose Bautista came out of nowhere and started hitting home runs like a super-human or something. ;)

Sandra

Who are those guys in San Diego, and what have they done with the Padres? Six games in a row with 6 runs or more! Whatever happened to "small ball"?
:eek:

Nice comeback win for the Red Sox, and they are FINALLY on the right side of .500!

What can you say about Adrian Gonzalez...... Dude is en fuego!

Funny how Jose Bautista came out of nowhere and started hitting home runs like a super-human or something. ;)

Sandra

Well....wouldn't they have detected something by now if he was suddenly "superhuman"? I am curious as to when they apply these drug test and how long does the results take to get to the MLB offices.

Well....wouldn't they have detected something by now if he was suddenly "superhuman"? I am curious as to when they apply these drug test and how long does the results take to get to the MLB offices.

They do not test for HGH. The union will not allow it.

Sandra

Tonight's Orioles-Red Sox game has been ppd.

The weather here S-U-C-K-S!!!!!!!! :rant:

For the second consectutive day, the Red Sox have lost a starting pitcher to the DL. Yesterday it was Lackey, and today it was Dice-K.

On the bright side, I'm glad it was them instead of Lester, Beckett or Buchholz!

Tonight's Orioles-Red Sox game has been ppd.

The weather here S-U-C-K-S!!!!!!!! :rant:

Sucks up here to, Tigers will probably get PPD tonight from the looks of it, that will be 2 of the last 3 games, great way to end a winning streak. They lost yesterday after a rain day off.

Sucks up here to, Tigers will probably get PPD tonight from the looks of it, that will be 2 of the last 3 games, great way to end a winning streak. They lost yesterday after a rain day off.

Here where I am, April was the second wettest month ever. Not second wettest April, ANY MONTH ever.

They do not test for HGH. The union will not allow it.

Plus, this doesn't help as well:

The report, the first time the exact numbers of off-season tests had been released, said that slightly more than 10 percent of baseball players had been tested for drugs in the 2010 off-season.

For some experts on the testing of athletes, the report’s numbers undercut Selig’s claims about the rigor and effectiveness of baseball’s drug policy. Off-season drug testing is one of the most critical components of a meaningful program, experts generally agree, because it is aimed at monitoring athletes during the time they are most likely to use steroids and other drugs as they recover and build muscle for the coming season.

In the N.F.L., all players are tested at least once in the off-season, and half of the players are tested twice. The 4,000 off-season tests conducted by the N.F.L. accounted for 40 percent of the sport’s tests each year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/sports/baseball/06steroids.html

Watching some minor league baseball on MLB right now, some minor league teams have some real nice parks. By the way the durham bulls are on, wonder if they will get a free steak if they hit the bull :)

If you visit the Wikipeda pages of some players who retired before the PED investigations got rolling, particularly the ones who mysteriously became better players in the latter years of their careers, you will see that Wikipedia has admonishioned that it will not permit unsourced speculation to be entered into those articles.

A few months ago, someone mentioned that Tom House was the person in the bullpen who had caught Hank Aaron's record breaking home run, so just for the heck of it, I started reading up on him and learned a lot about him that I didn't know previously. I now see him as a baseball cross between Johnny Appleseed and Dr. Timothy Leary.

Last edited:
Watching some minor league baseball on MLB right now, some minor league teams have some real nice parks. By the way the durham bulls are on, wonder if they will get a free steak if they hit the bull :)

Have you seen 5/3rd field in Toledo yet ?

Very nice and a fun time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)