MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Sox spring training flops:

Lavarnway .167 BA/.208 slug
Inglesis .214 BA
Gomes .217 BA

Not only will the sellout streak be broken in April, there may be a year long, non-sellout streak in the making.

34,366 at Marlins park tonight for USA and Dom Rep game.

Will this be the largest crowd of the year at this park ?

Outside of the Marlins Home Opener ... or will they not have that many for the Season home opener ?

Last edited:
Well, for those following it, the Dom Rep beat the US tonight, the US moves on to play a elimination game tomorrow night, a Win and they will move into the next round.

The Winner tonight moves on to the next round starting Saturday in SF.

Well, for those following it, the Dom Rep beat the US tonight, the US moves on to play a elimination game tomorrow night, a Win and they will move into the next round.

The Winner tonight moves on to the next round starting Saturday in SF.

Actually, the winner tomorrow between the US and Puerto Rico will advance to the next round, but play Saturday against the DR to determine seeding.

I will be at the stadium tomorrow.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Actually, the winner tomorrow between the US and Puerto Rico will advance to the next round, but play Saturday against the DR to determine seeding.

I will be at the stadium tomorrow.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Oh ...

The way I understood it, the Winer tomorrow would move on to the next round, as in there would be 2 teams moving on ...
This is how they made it sound on the broadcast or at least the way I took it.

So, IF the US wins tomorrow, they turn around and play Dom Rep again on Saturday ?

That would suck for tonights winner to know they may have to play them again Saturday just to move on.

Oh ...

The way I understood it, the Winer tomorrow would move on to the next round, as in there would be 2 teams moving on ...
This is how they made it sound on the broadcast or at least the way I took it.

So, IF the US wins tomorrow, they turn around and play Dom Rep again on Saturday ?

That would suck for tonights winner to know they may have to play them again Saturday just to move on.

Correct. The D.R. has moved on to the Semis. The winner TONIGHT ALSO moves on, but plays on Saturday for seeding in the semis.

Correct. The D.R. has moved on to the Semis. The winner TONIGHT ALSO moves on, but plays on Saturday for seeding in the semis.

Ahhh, OK.

If the US lose tonight it's all over anyways.
Then again, they Win and are right back in it with everyone else.

What a confusing scenario for the WBC ... (maybe it's just me :rolleyes:)

read something that was funny the other day in regards to the WBC

US team arrives in Miami. Loria requests they take a pay cut

read something that was funny the other day in regards to the WBC

US team arrives in Miami. Loria requests they take a pay cut

They took thier pay cut and went home ...

Doesn't look good for the US tonight, trailing 4-1 end of 7th.

Good Luck Dominican Republic !

That's why I was hoping the DR would lose. Hanley Ramirez is still not able to practice with the Dodgers. They still have to determine if he is going to play SS or 3B and where he will bat in the lineup, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, or 7th.

That's why I was hoping the DR would lose. Hanley Ramirez is still not able to practice with the Dodgers. They still have to determine if he is going to play SS or 3B and where he will bat in the lineup, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, or 7th.

He is getting his practice BOTH in the batters box and on the field... it's not like he is sitting home doing nothing.

He is getting his practice BOTH in the batters box and on the field... it's not like he is sitting home doing nothing.
Practice isn't the issue. It is playing with the team so they can determine in Spring Training which position he should play and were he best fits in the lineup around all of the other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)