MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's WBC matchup is IMHO more exciting than any that would have included the USA in the final game. This will be a truly must-see game!

Tonight's WBC matchup is IMHO more exciting than any that would have included the USA in the final game. This will be a truly must-see game!

I am SOOOOO EXCITED as if my team was in the World Series! My little island is so proud and excited...no one though they could get out of the Puerto Rico bracket with Venezuela and the Dominican Republic. To eliminate the WBC favorites in Venezuela, the tournament darlings in Italy, the stronger US team and the 2 time and 2nd favorite Japanese....truly an amazing feat! ONE MORE giant to slay...

Arriba PUERTO RICO!

I am SOOOOO EXCITED as if my team was in the World Series! My little island is so proud and excited...no one though they could get out of the Puerto Rico bracket with Venezuela and the Dominican Republic. To eliminate the WBC favorites in Venezuela, the tournament darlings in Italy, the stronger US team and the 2 time and 2nd favorite Japanese....truly an amazing feat! ONE MORE giant to slay...

Arriba PUERTO RICO!

Now they will lose because they will think it should be handed to them. lol. Watch and see.

BTW Salsa... has Miami/FL cooled off over Loria? Even this monday the chap's still getting dissed in Montreal papers...

Cheers, K

BTW Salsa... has Miami/FL cooled off over Loria? Even this monday the chap's still getting dissed in Montreal papers...

Cheers, K

He will NEVER, EVER be off the hook here. He has YET to show is face in public.

ALOT of fans wanted to go and went to the WBC in Miami, and to protest... MANY took public transportation(to avoid paying for parking) and private parking and bought food and drink from corner vendors and not vendors inside the stadium.

They HAVE been a little cocky haven't they? LOL!

Going into the WBC, EVERYONE was favored above Puerto Rico EXCEPT Mexico and Panama.

From what I have seen, I did not expect PR to make the finals.

I figured the DR had the best overall team.
I thought the US was next followed by PR.
I was surprised to see how well Italy did and Japan going down, well, oh well....

From what I have seen, I did not expect PR to make the finals.

I figured the DR had the best overall team.
I thought the US was next followed by PR.
I was surprised to see how well Italy did and Japan going down, well, oh well....

Congrats to the Dominican Power house. They dominated the WBC.

The favorites were in this order going into the WBC:

1. Dominican Republic
2. Venezuela
3. Japan
4. United States
5. Korea
6. Netherlands
7. Cuba
8. Canada
9. China
10. Chinese Taipei
11. Mexico
12. Puerto Rico
12. Italy

DODGERS EXPECT HANLEY RAMIREZ TO MISS 2-10 WEEKS BASED UPON SEVERITY OF THUMB INJRY...according to L.A. Times.

Yeah... he dove for a grounder and his throw hit the ground and sort of dragged the thumb back in last nights game around the 6th inning, if I am not mistaken.

Florida Marlins threaten to sue fans for complaining about tickets :facepalm

for what these two loyal fans paid, the marlins should accommodate them,period! if you side with either the fans or the marlins it's still bad press on top of the mountain of Sh** already on the organization/loria......

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ets/-/1719418/19395230/-/6gpp3fz/-/index.html

Am not sure whats worse... The Marlins suing its 5 remaining fans.. or 2 fans spending 25k on the Marlins.

Cheers, K

CONFIRMED! Hanley out 8 weeks. Will have surgery on torn ligament!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!
That was another reason I was hoping the DR would have been eliminated early on.

I will try to look at the positive side of this. They have enough power but were lacking a lead off guy. Now with Hanley out they could play Gordon at SS and have him lead off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)