MLB 2013-2014 off-season moves

The Dodgers have 5 GG nominees.

A.J. Ellis C
Mark Ellis 2B
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Juan Uribe 3B
Zack Greinke P

AJ Ellis and Uribe should actually win it, particularly Uribe, but they probably won't because they did not put up the offensive numbers to get the attention. Greinke probably will win it. I know for sure that Greinke will get the Silver Slugger award.

There was no single better defensive 3rd baseman than Uribe. He should easily be the hands down favorite.

Tim Wallach will be interviewing for the Tigers manager position. I think he would be an excellent choice. If the Dodgers did not bring back Mattingly, Wallach would have been my choice for them.

Important upcoming off-season dates:

Nov. 4: 5 p.m. (ET) Deadline for teams to make qualifying offers (one year, $14.1 million) to their eligible former players who became free agents.

Nov. 5: Free agents eligible to sign with any team.

Nov. 11: 5 p.m. (ET) deadline for free agents to accept qualifying offers; BBWAA Jackie Robinson Rookies of the Year announced.

Nov. 11-13: General managers meeting, Orlando, Fla.

Nov. 12: BBWAA Managers of the Year announced.

Nov. 13: BBWAA Cy Young Award winners announced.

Nov. 14: BBWAA MVP awards announced.

Nov 20: Deadline to set 40-man roster.

Dec. 2: Last day for teams to offer 2014 contracts to unsigned players.

Dec. 9-12: Winter meetings, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Dec. 12: Rule 5 Draft.

Important upcoming off-season dates:

Nov. 4: 5 p.m. (ET) Deadline for teams to make qualifying offers (one year, $14.1 million) to their eligible former players who became free agents.

Nov. 5: Free agents eligible to sign with any team.

Nov. 11: 5 p.m. (ET) deadline for free agents to accept qualifying offers; BBWAA Jackie Robinson Rookies of the Year announced.

Nov. 11-13: General managers meeting, Orlando, Fla.

Nov. 12: BBWAA Managers of the Year announced.

Nov. 13: BBWAA Cy Young Award winners announced.

Nov. 14: BBWAA MVP awards announced.

Nov 20: Deadline to set 40-man roster.

Dec. 2: Last day for teams to offer 2014 contracts to unsigned players.

Dec. 9-12: Winter meetings, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Dec. 12: Rule 5 Draft.

Thanks for posting wasn't sure about some of the dates!! :)

What a waste of money!

Hard to say. This is the guy who gave the Yankees a $20 million season at age 38 in 2012 but then got injured in the playoffs and basically missed all of last year. How much can his skills have deteriorated in one year? Is he repairable? After Ortiz's ankle didn't respond to six months of being immobilized, I would have bet my life that a few more weeks of immobilization wouldn't have made much difference, but look what it did for him. If Jeter moves to third and gives the Yankees 3/4s of what he gave them in 2012, then he is worth the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)