MLB 2013-2014 off-season moves

Without going through all of their mlb records, I suspect the Japanese pitchers have a better w/l record as compared to other major leaguers. Sure there have been some busts, but if you are successful there, you are likely to be good here. These are his stats there:http://www.baseball-reference.com/japan/player.cgi?id=tanaka003mas If you had a AAA pitcher with those numbers, wouldn't you expect him to do well in the bigs?

Without going through all of their mlb records, I suspect the Japanese pitchers have a better w/l record as compared to other major leaguers. Sure there have been some busts, but if you are successful there, you are likely to be good here. These are his stats there:http://www.baseball-reference.com/japan/player.cgi?id=tanaka003mas If you had a AAA pitcher with those numbers, wouldn't you expect him to do well in the bigs?
Particularly going 24-0 last year with an ERA just above 1.0. I don't care what level of pro ball you play, A, AA, AAA or MLB, those are some damn impressive numbers.

Puig was arrested for reckless driving. He was doing 110 mph in a 70 mph zone.

A little joke by one of the Dodger jokesters on Twitter

[tweet]417098444226826240[/tweet]

Puig was arrested for reckless driving. He was doing 110 mph in a 70 mph zone.

A little joke by one of the Dodger jokesters on Twitter

[tweet]417098444226826240[/tweet]

Yeah, very little. That's about as funny as cancer. This brainiac could have killed a young family, and some asshat is "trying" to be funny. :rolleyes:

So far we see alot of Jose Conceco in him .... stupidity.
Yep. He does a lot of reckless and stupid things. It is one thing when his recklessness may only hurt him, but when it can have an impact or harm others, then it becomes moronic.

But unlike Conseco, he also does a lot of wonderful and helpful things as well. Most of the off season, he voluntarily was helping out youth baseball players.

Yep. He does a lot of reckless and stupid things. It is one thing when his recklessness may only hurt him, but when it can have an impact or harm others, then it becomes moronic.

But unlike Conseco, he also does a lot of wonderful and helpful things as well. Most of the off season, he voluntarily was helping out youth baseball players.

Yes, theres a lot of things Conceco did that he's not, lets hope the fame doesn't lead him down that road ...

So far, no Drugs or Guns as far as we know ...

Well, the fine is like fining me .50¢ As for the jail time. Count on that Not happening.
I too doubt he will do jail time.

As far as fines go, they are not based on income level; they are based on the crime committed. Everyone will be subject to the same consequence regardless of wealth. That's actually a good thing.

I do agree that $500 will be very little for him.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I found this very insightful article about Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker and this efforts to get into the Hall of Fame .

Trammell should definitely be in and this article shows that if writers use the same stats for them as they do with others Trammell stacks up very well.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...eal-injustice-Whitaker-s-Trammell-s-Hall-snub

Btw, I couldn't find our old AL Central or any other MLB thread anymore so I put it here.

I found this very insightful article about Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker and this efforts to get into the Hall of Fame . Trammell should definitely be in and this article shows that if writers use the same stats for them as they do with others Trammell stacks up very well. http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131230/SPORTS0104/312300053/1129/sports0104/Advanced-traditional-stats-reveal-injustice-Whitaker-s-Trammell-s-Hall-snub Btw, I couldn't find our old AL Central or any other MLB thread anymore so I put it here.

It's a shame they are not in. Put there starts against those in the hall

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Trammel yes, Whitaker, no. Second basemen should be underrepresented because they are shortstops who aren't good enough to play shortstop. I remember when I tried out for the JV baseball team, I tried out at second base. There were only five of us, whereas there were a dozen trying out for shortstop and third, and even though I was either the best or second best of those five, I knew that the second baseman that year was going to be whomever might have finished second or third at the tryouts for one of the left side infield positions.

When people start using sabermetrics to show that some omitted candidate is about even with the lowest rated person at his position, then they are on an endless journey in which the next omitted player becomes the best one left out, and then the next, and then the next. Without looking them up, Rogers Hornsby, Rod Carew, Ryne Sandberg and Joe Morgan were big time hitters. I can't think of who the other second basemen were. Biggio and Kent should and will get in before Whitaker. Whitaker only once hit over .289 in a full season (502 plate appearances), never stole more than 20 bases, won just 3 gold gloves and only once got a vote for MVP (8th place). I think Bill Buckner's career was that good or better, as was Vada Pinson's but you won't see me campaigning for their induction, either. Some people in the Hall don't belong there based on what we know of their career performances. Don Drysdale, maybe, Bill Mazeroski. Even Jim Rice. I'd vote for Roger Maris before I'd vote for any of them, just because, for a few years, he was ROGER MARIS.

Last edited:
Trammel yes, Whitaker, no. Second basemen should be underrepresented because they are shortstops who aren't good enough to play shortstop. I remember when I tried out for the JV baseball team, I tried out at second base. There were only five of us, whereas there were a dozen trying out for shortstop and third, and even though I was either the best or second best of those five, I knew that the second baseman that year was going to be whomever might have finished second or third at the tryouts for one of the left side infield positions.

When people start using sabermetrics to show that some omitted candidate is about even with the lowest rated person at his position, then they are on an endless journey in which the next omitted player becomes the best one left out, and then the next, and then the next. Without looking them up, Rogers Hornsby, Rod Carew, Ryne Sandberg and Joe Morgan were big time hitters. I can't think of who who the other second basemen were. Biggio and Kent should and will get in before Whitaker. Whitaker only once hit over .289 in a full season (502 plate appearances), never stole more than 20 bases, won just 3 gold gloves and only once got a vote for MVP (8th place). I think Bill Buckner's career was that good or better, as was Vada Pinson's but you won't see me campaigning for their induction, either. Some people in the Hall don't belong there based on what we know of their career performances. Don Drysdale, maybe, Bill Mazeroski. Even Jim Rice. I'd vote for Roger Maris before I'd vote for any of them, just because, for a few years, he was ROGER MARIS.

I was mainly thinking of Tram.

As far as your comment about using sabermetrics, the way things are going the last 10 years or so, they are using sabermetric to make thier point about PLAYERS, now your saying that they can't use them in this instance to point out the players ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)