MLB 2013-2014 off-season moves

Woo hoo! Here are the spring training reporting dates for all 30 MLB teams http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...orting-dates-30-mlb-teams-211400841--mlb.html
Shortly after is opening day.

What stinks is this will be the first opening game I will miss by my Dodgers since I can remember. Their first game of the season starts at 10pm. Seriously, very few people will be watching it.

They will have the lowest opening day TV ratings ever. Not good for their new sports network (ratings will also probably be low because many providers may not carry their channel by that time)

Justin Verlander is on the mend after going under abdominal surgery yesterday. Tigers say he will be ready by opening day....

Verlander out six weeks after core muscle surgery
Heres wondering if thats not Re aggravating an issue that he may have had during the year, which might explain the poor season he had till it healed enough towards the post season ... he pitched very well in the post season.

None the less, get it taken care of now so it doesn't come back during the season.

ARod got his suspension reduced to a full season (162 games). Now I expect the suddenly financial responsible Yankees to try and void his contract.

I don't want to sound like I'm on ARod's side here because I'm not, but how can they suspend him for more than 50 games if he is a first time offender? I thought that was the maximum for a first timer.

I don't want to sound like I'm on ARod's side here because I'm not, but how can they suspend him for more than 50 games if he is a first time offender? I thought that was the maximum for a first timer.

They are claiming "Best interest of Baseball " clause .... in other words, I think they have OTHER stuff against him as well.

Probably Helping to distribute, or recruiting players to use PEDS.

They are claiming "Best interest of Baseball " clause .... in other words, I think they have OTHER stuff against him as well.

...as well as interfering with the investigation and lying.

...as well as interfering with the investigation and lying.

Could be, but I never heard anything other than rumors about these claims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts