MLB 2013-2014 off-season moves

Look for this signing to potenially lead to a Long Term extension , possibly before the Season starts.

I would be pleasantly surprised if it did happen, if you look at the pay of other pitchers and upcoming contracts, I know Mr illitch likes to spend, but I just don't know

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The Tanaka sweepstakes will come to an end by this Friday at the latest. The Japanese newspaper Nikkan Sports has reported that the Yankees, Dodgers, D-backs, White Sox and Cubs have submitted formal offers for Tanaka.

Once this decision is announced, the signings of the remaining free-agent pitchers will kick into gear....

NY and LA will be the most likely places. He may even sign for less money in order to be in NY or LA. He has stated he wants to be in one of those two markets and wants to be where there is a large Japanese culture. I wouldn't be surprised if the Angels swoop in at the last minute.

The Tanaka sweepstakes will come to an end by this Friday at the latest. The Japanese newspaper Nikkan Sports has reported that the Yankees, Dodgers, D-backs, White Sox and Cubs have submitted formal offers for Tanaka.

Once this decision is announced, the signings of the remaining free-agent pitchers will kick into gear....
Reports now that the D-backs are no longer in the running for Tanaka....

Yankees got him. Just as everyone thought. 7 years $155 million

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
The Yanks needed him more than he needed the Yanks. They needed him more than any other team in the running.

Red Sox sign Grady Sizemore to an incentive-laden 1 year deal (a base salary of $750,000, with a chance to make a total of $6 million if he reaches specified performance bonuses)

Red Sox sign Grady Sizemore to an incentive-laden 1 year deal (a base salary of $750,000, with a chance to make a total of $6 million if he reaches specified performance bonuses)

Love this move, always liked Sizemore's game. Maybe he can be the Shane Victorino of 2014.

Last edited:
Dodgers announced their broadcasting lineup. When Scully is not announcing.

TV:
Charlie Steiner - Play by Play
Orel Hershiser - Color

Radio:
Rick Monday - Play by Play
Nomar Garciaparra - Color

Steiner moves from doing Play by Play on the radio to doing it on TV. Monday moves from Steiner's radio color partner to radio Play by Play. Orel and Nomar are new.

Nomar and Jerry Hairston (who just retired) will do pre and post game shows.

It's nice to see the Dodgers bring back former players and keep them in the family.

He's (was ) a very good player, when he could manage to STAY HEALTHY ...

Sizemore last played 100 games in 2009 (109). I really doubt he will be an effective MLB player at this point. You rarely see players who have been out that long make an impact. It is a shot in the dark by the Red Sox. They have big money to spend so its no big loss to them if he doesn't comeback.

Talking about it increases my blood pressure.
???
Hate is a harsh word. Were you the person who tried to burn the American flag at Dodgers Stadium, while Monday foiled your plans?

Or are you an Expos fan that got depressed when Monday hit the 9th inning HR in the final game of the 1981 NLCS to send the Dodgers to the World Series instead of the Expos?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts