MLB 2013-2014 off-season moves

What the hell were the Rangers thinking??!! Kinsler is a very good ballplayer, and Fielder is an overpaid lard arse!! Even with the $30MIL coming back the other way, this makes little sense.

Fielder hits for higher average, gets on base more, hits a lot more HRs, and drives in twice as many runs than Kinsler. This was not a bad move by the Rangers. Kinsler is also declining.

Now they get to fill the 1st base hole, get a much better middle of the order run producer, and replace a middle infielder with a much more talented prospect.

Rangers got a damn good deal. They have been wanting to get rid of Kinsler or Andrews to make room for Profar, and they get a run producer on top of it.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Wow....the rangers got the better end of this deal. Looks like someone in Detroit ordered the GM to cut the salary.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What the hell were the Rangers thinking??!! Kinsler is a very good ballplayer, and Fielder is an overpaid lard arse!! Even with the $30MIL coming back the other way, this makes little sense.

Money matters in this deal, and the Tigers committed armed robbery. The way the tigers got relief from their mistake of giving the beached whale that kind of deal, they got Magic'd.

Now with that money off the books, they can resign Sherzer. So in reality they make out with Kinsler/Sherzer over keeping Prince.

If you think that getting the better player in the deal makes it good for that team, than you can't see the Forrest through the trees.

Last edited:
Wow....the rangers got the better end of this deal. Looks like someone in Detroit ordered the GM to cut the salary.

I completely agree. Most are judging the deal on money only and believe the Tigers got the better end of the deal simply because Prince made too much money. But when you look at the lineup featured from last year to this year for both teams, the Rangers improved a lot and the Tigers got worse.

Fielders numbers are much better than Kinsler's. Even his bad years are better than Kinsler's best years.
The Tigers now have room to put and even better hitter at SS (moving Andrews to 2B), or even sign a Cano to improve even more.

Tiger's fans also forget that Fielder had one of his best year's the first year with them, two years ago. Even last year's bad performance still landed him an higher average than Kinsler, 100+ RBI, and more HRs. This while playing in a much less hitter friendly park with much less lineup protection than TX has.

Fielder will teer it up in TX.

Not from the Tigers perspective !

I agree. The Tigers should have won the World Series this year and I hold Prince Fielder, and his silent bat and poor base-running skills, responsible for a large share of the blame. Cabrera was injured and we needed Fielder to step-up to the plate and knock in some runs - hit his weight for crying-out-loud. He failed and the Tigers failed. Anyway, I view Leyland and Fielder's departure as being two major improvements to the team. To be fair, Fielder did knock in a fair amount of runs during the regular season, but laid a goose egg in the post-season and he certainly wasn't producing anywhere near the 25M he was being paid. I think Fielder's career will probably tank now that he's hit age 30 (he will need to loose weight or will most likely be injury prone for the remainder of his career), but I wish him well and hope he gets his head screwed-on right after his divorce.

Anyway, I see the Tigers moving Miggy to first base and Peralta to 3rd base. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Money matters in this deal, and the Tigers committed armed robbery. The way the tigers got relief from their mistake of giving the beached whale that kind of deal, they got Magic'd.

Now with that money off the books, they can resign Sherzer. So in reality they make out with Kinsler/Sherzer over keeping Prince.

If you think that getting the better player in the deal makes it good for that team, than you can't see the Forrest through the trees.

B-I-N-G-O!!! :)

then A-Rod had a hour interview with Mike Francesca

They're both idiots....

nydailynews_mike_arod.jpg

I think the Detroit came out better they now move iron handed Cabrera to first, they get financial relief from that horrible contract and they get a better 2nd basemen than Infante. They have the financial relief of addressing issues/holes they need to plug. The Rangers in return, get DESPERATELY needed a lefthanded powerhitter.

I think the Detroit came out better they now move iron handed Cabrera to first, they get financial relief from that horrible contract and they get a better 2nd basemen than Infante. They have the financial relief of addressing issues/holes they need to plug. The Rangers in return, get DESPERATELY needed a lefthanded powerhitter.

A VERY reasonable take on the big trade!

BTW, I don't agree with the "where's Cabrera's protection coming from" argument. He still has V-Mart, and more importantly, Miggy's plate coverage is second to none in this generation. He's as good a "bad" ball hitter as I've ever seen!

Fielder hits for higher average, gets on base more, hits a lot more HRs, and drives in twice as many runs than Kinsler. This was not a bad move by the Rangers. Kinsler is also declining.

Now they get to fill the 1st base hole, get a much better middle of the order run producer, and replace a middle infielder with a much more talented prospect.

Rangers got a damn good deal. They have been wanting to get rid of Kinsler or Andrews to make room for Profar, and they get a run producer on top of it.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

You mean Elvis Andrus ?
I'm surprised that Kinsler got moved, Andrus is the guy the Tigers had previously wanted.

I think Fielder will do great in Texas with it's ball park for to his liking.

I got to say, I'm happy with the trade, Fielder will hustle for you, you never see him loafing ... that said, I think he's more a .290 hitter than the .310 + hittrer he was the 1st year in Detroit.

This was a deal the Tigers needed to make ... they needed cash and the Fielder contract was just WAY over done ... Mr. I signed Prince when V. Mart went down in a "need to do something" moment.

The money freed up will allow them to potentially sign Scherzer, possibly extend Miggy and they still have to address, LF and the bullpen.

I completely agree. Most are judging the deal on money only and believe the Tigers got the better end of the deal simply because Prince made too much money. But when you look at the lineup featured from last year to this year for both teams, the Rangers improved a lot and the Tigers got worse.

Fielders numbers are much better than Kinsler's. Even his bad years are better than Kinsler's best years.
The Tigers now have room to put and even better hitter at SS (moving Andrews to 2B), or even sign a Cano to improve even more.

Tiger's fans also forget that Fielder had one of his best year's the first year with them, two years ago. Even last year's bad performance still landed him an higher average than Kinsler, 100+ RBI, and more HRs. This while playing in a much less hitter friendly park with much less lineup protection than TX has.

Fielder will teer it up in TX.

Why are you comparing Fielder and Kinsler's numbers, both teams have a lot more movement going to happen this off season.

Fielder is a power hitter that struggled greatly in Detroit.
Kinsler is NOT a power Hitter.

Tigers WON'T be getting Cano .. period.
That would be taking all the money they just saved and giving it to Cano, not gonna happen.
Cano and Kinsler play the same position as well.

However, I can see them trading Kinsler eventually and bring in the kid from Toledo, Hernan Perez, they are very high on him.

I agree. The Tigers should have won the World Series this year and I hold Prince Fielder, and his silent bat and poor base-running skills, responsible for a large share of the blame. Cabrera was injured and we needed Fielder to step-up to the plate and knock in some runs - hit his weight for crying-out-loud. He failed and the Tigers failed. Anyway, I view Leyland and Fielder's departure as being two major improvements to the team. To be fair, Fielder did knock in a fair amount of runs during the regular season, but laid a goose egg in the post-season and he certainly wasn't producing anywhere near the 25M he was being paid. I think Fielder's career will probably tank now that he's hit age 30 (he will need to loose weight or will most likely be injury prone for the remainder of his career), but I wish him well and hope he gets his head screwed-on right after his divorce.

Anyway, I see the Tigers moving Miggy to first base and Peralta to 3rd base. Thoughts?

I don't think Fielder will tank, he's going to a place where its MUCH easier to hit HR's, Fielder will flourish in Texas.
This will turn out to be a good move for both teams.

Just think, if we face them in the playoffs, we won't have to worry about Fielder when he bats ... the playoff pressure crushes him.

BTW, I don't agree with the "where's Cabrera's protection coming from" argument. He still has V-Mart, and more importantly, Miggy's plate coverage is second to none in this generation. He's as good a "bad" ball hitter as I've ever seen!

Better than Vladimir Guerrero? (only the bad ball hitter part)

Better than Vladimir Guerrero? (only the bad ball hitter part)

Cabrera has learned to hit the outside pitch very well, he pretty much had to, hardly anyone pitches him inside.
So he now takes the outside pitch and drives them into the RF seats ...

I gotta believe that Miggy hits more HR's to the RF seats than Fielder did ...

When Fielder got here, I envisioned him hitting HR's to RF on a regular basis, but it never happened.

I still don't look at Cabrera as being a HR hitter, he hits his share, but he's more of a Professional hitter that also takes them out when the opportunity presents itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)