MLB 2013-2014 off-season moves

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Even though the playoffs are still going on, there have been a lot of off season changes by the teams already out.

Earlier today Jim Leland stepped down as Tigers manager.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Reds will be naming Brian Price as manager.

I think Price is the right choice. He's been a great pitching coach. He seems like he holds his pitchers accountable for what they do on the mound. Which is more than could be said about the previous manager who did not hold his every day players accountable for what they did on the field. No one knows how well he will do but I think he's worth the risk.

when does Don Mattingly get fried or resigned? LA fried two of his coaches today, the players don't like him, so i kinda didn't expected him back in LA next season

I'm very interested to see how this Jacoby Ellsbury situation shakes out. Also, I read today that the Dodgers are a likely destination for Stephen Drew.

Lincecum signs a 2 year $35 million contract with the Giants.

when does Don Mattingly get fried or resigned? LA fried two of his coaches today, the players don't like him, so i kinda didn't expected him back in LA next season

They only let one coach go.

Who doesn't like him? I don't follow the Dodgers closely, but I haven't heard this before.

Seriously? How stupid are they? He is not worth that anymore.

Unbelievably bad contract. He could regain his past form but I really doubt it. I thought his best chance at success now was to come out of the bullpen. But for $35 million he will be starting.

It's time for these international players to be in the draft. Why should a player like Puig get to be a free agent but not Bryce Harper?

It's time for these international players to be in the draft. Why should a player like Puig get to be a free agent but not Bryce Harper?

I agree and this comes from someone who's team got a great player that way. (Chapman)

Because Puig played pro ball with another team. When players at the pro level are no longer under contract, they become free agents. Like all free agents, any team can bid on them. The only difference is the league in which he played pro ball is in a different country.

Drafts are for amateur players.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)