MLB 2020 Baseball season

Watching sports is supposed to be escapism from all that's happening in real life but that is no longer the case. It's sad to see that MLB has now decided to allow it's players to politicise the game. I'm very sorry but there's enough politics in my life. If I can't watch a baseball game to get away from it, at least for a little while, then there's no point in watching at all. In all my 79 years I never thought I'd walk away from baseball and football but that time has come. I'm done.

Well, were into the 2020 MLB Playoffs now ....

With how poorly the Astros played most of this abbreviated year .... making it into the expanded playoffs, I still expected them to lose the series 2-0 seeing how non functional they had been playing ....

They drew the Twins ... and beat the 2-0 with thier number 3 and 4 starting pitchers from last year ... actually the would be #4 wasn't even in the majors last year.

Verlander is out for the year, maybe career (I hope not though) .
Cole moved on to the Deathstar yankees.
Grinke was #3 last year, pitched 4 innings I think it was in game 1.

Bunch of rookies in the pen ... A few look good, others not so.

NEXT ...

I doubt they do much against the A's if they make it, they have struggled all year against them.
The White Sox are the other team in it they could face, again, a team better than the Astros this year.

I watched the Oakland A's Dominate Houston during the year ...
Houston didn't exactly beat up on others either, thier object was to "just get in the Playoffs" ...
They got into the Playoffs and swept the Twins ...
Won the first 2 games against the A's ....
Could have wrapped it up today, but the A's FINALLY came to battle like they did during the season today.
Astros and A's was quite a home run game, playing in LA, everything hit in the air went out.
A's came from behind, as did the Astros ....
A's win to hold off elimination ...
Astros up in the series 2-1

I’ll be rooting for a Rays-Dodgers World Series, and for the Dodgers to win it all. I want to see both Mookie Betts and Dave Roberts win another ring.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I've been rooting for Mookie Betts to do well, while hoping the Dodgers Lose ....

The Dodgers are becoming the yankees of the NL, of late, never out of a game ...

I think that the Dodgers fans want to see Houston in the WS.
I don't know if the Dodgers do or not.

IF Houston makes it, it would surprise me as thier pitching is very inexperienced ...
They have 7 of 13 on the pitching staff that are Rookies.
They are playing without Verlander thier Ace, Cole left as a FA. Grinkie has been OK, not great ... McCullers has been so so ...
A few of the Rookies have looked very good.

If they make it, they will have out hit TB. (and thats not easy the way they are rolling now.)

Looks like Tampa Bay will be moving on ... as they will go up 3-0 on the Astros ...

Both teams have played well, pitched well, not a whole lot of hitting ....
Great defense by the Rays have kept the Astros down ... at least 3 runs saved by Rays CF.

Houston has run into a lot of bad luck in this series, they have hit the ball HARD everywhere and nothing has dropped in.

Meanwhile the Rays just had basically a check swing blooper fall in down the line and scored 2 more.

For playing the whole season pretty crappy, the Astros flipped the switch in the playoffs ... no one expected them to get this far.

I will root for the Rays in the next round as they play very good defense, have good pitching, and some fun players ...

Go Rays, particularly if the Dodgers happen to get into the WS.

Doesn't help much when the announcers appear to be from Tampa ...

Sorry, I looked at the scoreboard and thought it said bottom 8, but its bottom 6.
Not over yet, but close.

Looks like Tampa Bay will be moving on ... as they will go up 3-0 on the Astros ...

Both teams have played well, pitched well, not a whole lot of hitting ....
Great defense by the Rays have kept the Astros down ... at least 3 runs saved by Rays CF.

Houston has run into a lot of bad luck in this series, they have hit the ball HARD everywhere and nothing has dropped in.
And it is so much harder to getting away with banging on a trash can in an empty stadium.

And it is so much harder to getting away with banging on a trash can in an empty stadium.
Did you ever think about all that happening ?
Just how were they able to get the pitch sequence and send the info to whomever and relay the info to the batter before the pitch ?

Another thing ... They could only do this at Home games ...
Thier Away record in '17 was MUCH better than the Home record ...
Home they were 48-33
Away they were 53-28

If they relied on the garbage can, how did they manage to have a better record on the road ?

This guy went through a little too much research into the cheating scandal in an attempt to show it wasn't a scandal, only to show that it indeed was a scandal.

Regarding records, it wasn't a cheat code, it only indicated the pitch.

This guy went through a little too much research into the cheating scandal in an attempt to show it wasn't a scandal, only to show that it indeed was a scandal.

Regarding records, it wasn't a cheat code, it only indicated the pitch.
I read that awhile back ...
Iirc, he's an Astros fan that had had enough.

I'm sure theres plenty of Fans that don't like the Astros now.

Then theres ones like me that look at the numbers and say REALLY ?

Things would have to happen awfully FAST for that to work ...
And theres also the players that were not involved in it, that wanted no part of it.

Elsewhere, the Dodgers trail the Braves in thier series 2-0 ....
Scored 11 runs in the 1st inning today ... btw, they are currently in the bottom of the 1st ....

I just tuned in and couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the score!!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
You missed a very bogus call that went against the Braves then ... not that it made the difference in the inning, but ...
Dodger DH Turner takes a low pitch in the dirt and sticks his foot out and the ball hits him .... and the ball gets away to the back stop and the runners advanced ... AND the gave Turner 1st base ...
AND, they actually REVIEWED that one, and let it stand.