MLB 2020 Baseball season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
IMG_7093.gif

Fauci about as accurate as he’s ever been.

Big dissapointment on opening day. What a shame. Baseball was the last holdout, and they spit in my eye. I guess in an odd way it will be better. I'll have a lot more time to work on projects, perfect my recipes, enjoy conversations/interactions with my friends, family and animals. The empty seats wont be the only abandonment of the mlb, nfl, nba and nascar. In the end they wont realize the mistakes they made until its too late.

Reactions: SamCdbs and mccoyrj
Listened to the Phillies opener on the radio last night, the bullpen imploded as usual, and the really interesting thing is they overlaid it with pre-recorded background stadium sounds. It was very difficult to tell the stadium wasn't packed with fans. The only giveaway was the missing OOOs and AHHs on some of the fielding plays and longballs but all in all it sounded good.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Listened to the Phillies opener on the radio last night, the bullpen imploded as usual, and the really interesting thing is they overlaid it with pre-recorded background stadium sounds. It was very difficult to tell the stadium wasn't packed with fans. The only giveaway was the missing OOOs and AHHs on some of the fielding plays and longballs but all in all it sounded good.

That’s good. I heard the television experience fell a little flat.

434fe128f6bdfdb248b81e95e0f6d68d.jpg

Want to participate? Cheer at the Ballpark I think I'll pass.

• Haha
I never thought they'd finish the season and said so back when they first announced they were going to restart it. It would not surprise me if players started announcing they're opting out after this. I think this has to be a real eye opener for the other team sports as well.

It’s only game #4 of the season, and already the Red Sox are using an “opener” as a starting pitcher tonight. What’s worse is as of right now, tomorrow night’s starter hasn’t been announced yet. Granted their ace is on the shelf because of coronavirus complications, but it’s pretty embarrassing that a major market team is in this predicament this early in the season. I’m half expecting them to give Dr. Fauci a call to see it he’s available to pitch tomorrow night. It may be a shortened season, but it’s gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng year.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: mccoyrj
It’s only game #4 of the season, and already the Red Sox are using an “opener” as a starting pitcher tonight. What’s worse is as of right now, tomorrow night’s starter hasn’t been announced yet. Granted their ace is on the shelf because of coronavirus complications, but it’s pretty embarrassing that a major market team is in this predicament this early in the season. I’m half expecting them to give Dr. Fauci a call to see it he’s available to pitch tomorrow night. It may be a shortened season, but it’s gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng year.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I looked at the Starting pitching and barely recognized anyone ...
Sale is Out, Porcello gone, Price is opting out (and gone ) ...

Where is Rodriguez and Eovaldi ?
They should be 2 and 3 after Sale.

I looked at the Starting pitching and barely recognized anyone ...
Sale is Out, Porcello gone, Price is opting out (and gone ) ...

Where is Rodriguez and Eovaldi ?
They should be 2 and 3 after Sale.
Eovaldi started the first game and looked very impressive, E-Rod was diagnosed with Covid-19 a few weeks ago and will probably be out for a while with complications. Other than that, this rotation is frankly trash. It’s hard to believe that just 2 seasons ago this team won a franchise record 119 games on the way to a World Championship. They had MVP performances from both Mookie Betts (who actually won it) and J.D. Martinez and several good seasons from the supporting cast, but it was the consistency and depth of their starting rotation that IMO carried them to those 119 wins. They had Sale, Price, Porcello, Rodriquez and Eovaldi. But they also had former All-Stars Steven Wright and Drew Pomeranz, and two guys that Alexa Cora called the MVP’s of the team in the first half: Brian Johnson and Héctor Velázquez. Was it hyperbolic to call Johnson and Velazquez MVP’s? Of course it was. But the point is the Sox had that kind of depth when a couple of their frontline starters were on the DL, and the team didn’t miss a beat. That’s 9 starters the Sox could run out there at any given time in that magical 2018 season. Right now they only have one. That’s a startling decline in two short seasons.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
I’m getting the feeling that this and a few more quarantines across the league may soon end this season.
Apparently, MLB decided against the bubble method because they were hoping to be able to let some fans attend games at some point. That shortsighted decision may come back to bite them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)