MLB 2021 Season

Teams play in a lot of cities where it is legal right now.

JFC yes thats now, I dont agree at all with it!....Its baseballs double standard...Whats so hard to understand?...Pete Rose never bet his team to lose did he?.....Shoeless Joe hit over his average!....Denny McLain had a 30 win season!
The only reason they are not in the HOF is because of gambling!....Its not that hard to wrap your head around, is it?

No, but your point was very specific that if a team moves to Las Vegas then all gambling related shenanigans should be forgiven... when it's already legal in dozens of states and is not a new development. I get that you're passionate about the topic, but I don't see how it serves as the impetus for a change.

I think if they can get through this (it's currently being debated, critically but positively) and one other vote that is leaning positively, it will be the equivalent of being up 3-1 in the World Series (stolen from a writer who tweeted it earlier).

It can still fall apart, but it seems more likely than not Oakland will develop Howard Terminal into an amazing destination.

One side effect could be the work done to expose the viability of MLB in Vegas, just not sure if Derek Stevens or someone is interested in picking up the baton and prepping the city for expansion or other relocation opportunities.

JFC yes thats now, I dont agree at all with it!....Its baseballs double standard...Whats so hard to understand?...Pete Rose never bet his team to lose did he?.....Shoeless Joe hit over his average!....Denny McLain had a 30 win season!
The only reason they are not in the HOF is because of gambling!....Its not that hard to wrap your head around, is it?
Pete Rose lied about it. Had he come clean he would have been in the hall now.

Reactions: raoul5788
Pete Rose lied about it. Had he come clean he would have been in the hall now.
And the other 20 or more players?.....MLB are hypocrites plan and simple.....Yea and baseball said they had a zero tolerance for gambling,,,,and here we are......I remember the Debartolo family wanted to buy the withesox in the late 70s and were told we dont allow gambling in baseball.They owned the 49ers, and dog tracks....

And the other 20 or more players?.....MLB are hypocrites plan and simple.....Yea and baseball said they had a zero tolerance for gambling,,,,and here we are......I remember the Debartolo family wanted to buy the withesox in the late 70s and were told we dont allow gambling in baseball.They owned the 49ers, and dog tracks....
Players are not allowed to gamble on the game. It’s in the rule book.

Pete bet, yup ....
But he NEVER bet on His Team to LOSE.
BIG Difference.
Doesn't matter. As stated earlier, anyone directly involved in the game cannot wager on baseball.

He directly made or didn't make moves that would impact the game, just like other managers. Who's to say he doesn't get another team to lay down against the Reds, and then he reciprocates another day for someone else?

Doesn't matter. As stated earlier, anyone directly involved in the game cannot wager on baseball.

He directly made or didn't make moves that would impact the game, just like other managers. Who's to say he doesn't get another team to lay down against the Reds, and then he reciprocates another day for someone else?
Sorry .... I'm not getting into this ... I simple gave my opinion back there and I don't want to go any further as it would just go on forever ... you have your opinion over what happened and I have mine.

Sorry .... I'm not getting into this ... I simple gave my opinion back there and I don't want to go any further as it would just go on forever ... you have your opinion over what happened and I have mine.
Personally Pete Rose should be in the hall but have no other association with baseball. He burned his bridges but is a hall of famer.

Reactions: BillD1984
Personally Pete Rose should be in the hall but have no other association with baseball. He burned his bridges but is a hall of famer.
Ok, I said I wasn't going to respond, but I will a bit ....
I believe he should be in the HOF as a player ... he was a great player (lousy manager). he should also be allowed to enter a ball park (I think he still has to be authorized to go in one) he also should be able to be on a staff as a Hitting Coach, only.

Reactions: AZ. and BillD1984

This is EXACTLY my take on Pete Rose.

What’s the main objective to the game of baseball? To hit a ball, right?? What is something that we’ve all heard ad nauseum over the years? That hitting a baseball is the most difficult thing to do in all of sports. Ergo, how can the all-time hits leader in MLB history not be in the most glorified HOF there is?? It makes zero sense!! And like Don said, the way to punish him for his sins (which BTW, ALL happened AFTER his PLAYING career) is to keep him out of any job that he would draw an MLB associated paycheck.

Ok, I said I wasn't going to respond, but I will a bit ....
I believe he should be in the HOF as a player ... he was a great player (lousy manager). he should also be allowed to enter a ball park (I think he still has to be authorized to go in one) he also should be able to be on a staff as a Hitting Coach, only.

I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT him being in an MLB uniform. HOF, yes. Job within MLB, no.

I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT him being in an MLB uniform. HOF, yes. Job within MLB, no.
I really don't care what they do at this point .... he's an OLD Man at this point, him being accepted into the HOF really wouldn't mean all that much at this point.
Yes, it would be nice, but I don't think he really cares at this point, he's been punished for many years now, when is enough enough ? When it no longer matters.

They may put him in, once he's dead and gone, but not before, the people that do the voting are to into themselves to ever give it a real chance.

I really don't care what they do at this point .... he's an OLD Man at this point, him being accepted into the HOF really wouldn't mean all that much at this point.
Yes, it would be nice, but I don't think he really cares at this point, he's been punished for many years now, when is enough enough ? When it no longer matters.

They may put him in, once he's dead and gone, but not before, the people that do the voting are to into themselves to ever give it a real chance.

My bottom line is Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame based on what he did between the white lines as a player. Comparing him (I’m not saying YOU are, but I’ve heard it said by others a lot over the years) to the likes of alleged juicers Roger Clemens, Alex Rodriquez, etc. is apples and oranges. What they are charged with happened during their playing days. People can yell and scream about moral grounds when it comes to the HOF, but all I’m saying is the all time MLB hits leader belongs in the HOF BASED ON HIS PLAYING CAREER

Reactions: Jimbo
My bottom line is Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame based on what he did between the white lines as a player. Comparing him (I’m not saying YOU are, but I’ve heard it said by others a lot over the years) to the likes of alleged juicers Roger Clemens, Alex Rodriquez, etc. is apples and oranges. What they are charged with happened during their playing days. People can yell and scream about moral grounds when it comes to the HOF, but all I’m saying is the all time MLB hits leader belongs in the HOF BASED ON HIS PLAYING CAREER
I've said the same thing for years ....

Theres also a lot of people that did much worse that Are in the Hall.

Reactions: BillD1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)