MLB 2021 Season

I've said the same thing for years ....

Theres also a lot of people that did much worse that Are in the Hall.

To put it another way, if Pete Rose died a week after his playing career ended (and therefore his sketchy behavior when he was manager never happened) , would he be in the Hall of Fame today? Obviously he would have been a first ballot slam dunk. But his character and integrity was rightfully called into question after the betting scandals and other nefarious activities. If someone is of the opinion that Pete Rose doesn’t belong in the HOF because of his many character flaws, I totally get and respect that. But NOW MLB has no problem promoting gambling during games and various MLB programming. So if Pete Rose was “clean” during his playing days, why shouldn’t he be in HOF today. The mixed messaging is mind boggling.

Reactions: BillD1984
I notice the Braves haven't been told to change thier Name or stop the STUPID CHANT .....

The things that get called offensive to one and is Not to another is amazing.

Fans chanting and doing the stupid chop ... very annoying ...

I guess I'll have to turn the baseball OFF for the duration and find something else to watch.

The Indians are forced to change but the Braves and others Not .... and there are others as well.

I'm about fed up with the stupidity of the way this world looks at things.

Pete bet, yup ....
But he NEVER bet on His Team to LOSE.
BIG Difference.
First he said he never betted...
Then he said he never betted on the Reds...
Then he said he never betted on a game he was in...

He did nothing but continue to lie and change his story when it was found out he lied.

I have no doubt that he bet on the Reds to lose, based on how often his story changed.

I notice the Braves haven't been told to change thier Name or stop the STUPID CHANT .....

The things that get called offensive to one and is Not to another is amazing.

Fans chanting and doing the stupid chop ... very annoying ...

I guess I'll have to turn the baseball OFF for the duration and find something else to watch.

The Indians are forced to change but the Braves and others Not .... and there are others as well.

I'm about fed up with the stupidity of the way this world looks at things.
Simple, Braves is the name of a warrior not a race, no different than the Vikings.

As it is, Atlanta got as much grief as Cleveland, their owners just didn't cave.

Reactions: BillD1984
First he said he never betted...
Then he said he never betted on the Reds...
Then he said he never betted on a game he was in...

He did nothing but continue to lie and change his story when it was found out he lied.

I have no doubt that he bet on the Reds to lose, based on how often his story changed.
No Doubt ???
And No Proof.

Reactions: Radioguy41
Game 6 coming up ............
The Feisty Braves had thier chance to win it all at home ..... and couldn't, now if they do manage to win it all, it will be in Houston.

I'm thankful it won't be won in Atlanta, can't stand thier fans.

No Doubt ???
And No Proof.
He repeatedly lied and then changed the lie when it was proven that he lied. He gave no reason to think that he didn't bet for them to lose.

The Feisty Braves had thier chance to win it all at home ..... and couldn't, now if they do manage to win it all, it will be in Houston.

I’m hoping for a Game 7 if for no other reason than it delays the inevitable unofficial start of winter by one day. “Green Fields of the Mind” chokes me up every late October/early November ☹️

Reactions: Jimbo

Almost as bad as Ohio St & Red's fans. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't use broad strokes to paint fans just because you don't like the team, or fans that are passionate for their team.

Almost as bad as Ohio St & Red's fans. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't use broad strokes to paint fans just because you don't like the team, or fans that are passionate for their team.
Oh, your so wrong ...
I have Nothing against the Braves, they play a very fun game, much like the Astros, the game is Never over.

I just don't like the fans chanting is all, same goes with Florida State .... and any other fan base that does that.

Theres way too much going into it when the Redskins and Indians are forced to change thier name, while others are not.

Personally, none of them should have to change thier names ... the Political Correct is BS ...

And thats all the further I'm going.

Reactions: Radioguy41
Oh, your so wrong ...
I have Nothing against the Braves, they play a very fun game, much like the Astros, the game is Never over.

I just don't like the fans chanting is all, same goes with Florida State .... and any other fan base that does that.

Theres way too much going into it when the Redskins and Indians are forced to change thier name, while others are not.

Personally, none of them should have to change thier names ... the Political Correct is BS ...

And thats all the further I'm going.
Chanting? Really? What fans don't chant for their teams?

Or do you just not like that particular chant? And why don't you like that chant? For PC reasons? Silly reason IMO to not like a team and/or their fan base.

Heck, I detest the cowbells at Miss State, doesn't mean I don't like their fanbase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts