MLB 2022 Season

Ok guys, I have been out to dinner with some friends I haven't seen in 6 months.
How is Verlander looking tonight ?

I would say Verlander was good-not great. Schwarber hit a lead off first inning home run and he also walked 4 batters in 5 innings pitched. However, whenever there were runners on, JV beared down and got out of the jams. Overall, I’d say he was a solid B/B-.

Wow!! Great play by Mancini to keep the Astros in the lead.
And a Great play by McCormick with the catch against the fence ...

Well, JV is officially off the schnide as he got the Win ...

Astros are very well stocked in the Pitching dept.
Bullpen has been great all year as well as the Playoffs.
The Starters have been Solid to Dominate.

Sadly , any more a solid start is a meager 6 innings.

Rant:

This is the World Series. The only thing baseball has left to sell is tradition. And the HOME team comes out in “throwback” AWAY uniforms, and the away team turns out in ORANGE batting practice jerseys.

The “victory blue” AWAY uniforms were worn by about a third of the league from the late 70s through the early 90s, when they fell out of fashion. Good enough. They were worn away.

This is the World Series, not some random game in July against Pittsburgh where you need a gimmick to sell extra tickets.

Blue skies, green grass, white uniforms.

Reactions: BillD1984
Rant:

This is the World Series. The only thing baseball has left to sell is tradition. And the HOME team comes out in “throwback” AWAY uniforms, and the away team turns out in ORANGE batting practice jerseys.

The “victory blue” AWAY uniforms were worn by about a third of the league from the late 70s through the early 90s, when they fell out of fashion. Good enough. They were worn away.

This is the World Series, not some random game in July against Pittsburgh where you need a gimmick to sell extra tickets.

The Astros are NOT Softball Uniforms, they are actually pretty sharp ...
They were worn probably a 1/3rd of the season ...
The Dark Blue ones are actually better yet ...

Now if you want you can go back in time and find the Astros uniforms that were worn with the stripes ..... those I thought were Ugly.

Rant:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one feeling this. When the Red Sox won the World Series at Dodger Stadium in 2018, they were wearing blue batting practice jerseys. It may sound silly to some, but I felt cheated by that. Every sport is getting carried away with these alternates and throwbacks (the NBA is by far the worst). But to your point, they should NEVER be wearing these uniforms in the championship of their sport. Baseball needs to go back to the home whites and away grays, period.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one feeling this. When the Red Sox won the World Series at Dodger Stadium in 2018, they were wearing blue batting practice jerseys. It may sound silly to some, but I felt cheated by that. Every sport is getting carried away with these alternates and throwbacks (the NBA is by far the worst). But to your point, they should NEVER be wearing these uniforms in the championship of their sport. Baseball needs to go back to the home whites and away grays, period.
Boring ....
At least the Astros are good looking unis, Not a Softball uni.
They also at least use thier Team Colors, some don't even do that.

I think the Astros Oramge or thier Blue unis are both very sharp, while still using their Team Colors.

Phillies look like pajamas ....

Boring ....
At least the Astros are good looking unis, Not a Softball uni.
They also at least use thier Team Colors, some don't even do that.

I think the Astros Oramge or thier Blue unis are both very sharp, while still using their Team Colors.

Phillies look like pajamas ....

Yep, very boring. But yet very traditional. Give me traditional and boring every day of the week. At least the Yankees and Tigers have never deviated from their classic uniforms.

Yep, very boring. But yet very traditional. Give me traditional and boring every day of the week. At least the Yankees and Tigers have never deviated from their classic uniforms.
It kinda depends on what they do with them, the old White Sox alternate were hideous ....
I think those Red Sox Yellow and Blue are terrible ... neither of those colors are Thier colors.

Yes, there are some Bad looks out there, but so good ones as well.

I don't care for the Padres alternates either, but I understand them.

Fwiw, tonight you will see the Astros play in thier Alternate (if you want to call it that, they have worn this uni all year) the Dark Blue with Orange Trim will be worn as Framber Valdez will be on the mound .... he Always wears that Uni as he says he likes the fabric better than the others.

It kinda depends on what they do with them, the old White Sox alternate were hideous ....
I think those Red Sox Yellow and Blue are terrible ... neither of those colors are Thier colors.

Yes, there are some Bad looks out there, but so good ones as well.

I don't care for the Padres alternates either, but I understand them.

Fwiw, tonight you will see the Astros play in thier Alternate (if you want to call it that, they have worn this uni all year) the Dark Blue with Orange Trim will be worn as Framber Valdez will be on the mound .... he Always wears that Uni as he says he likes the fabric better than the others.

The blue and yellow are the colors for the Boston Marathon. Yes, they are hideous, but I understand why the Red Sox wear them. My problem is they wear them too much (for whatever reason their record is insanely good in them and the players LOVE them). They should just wear them on Patriot’s Day (Marathon Monday). Whenever the Red Sox wear them, I feel like I’m watching a UCLA game.

Reactions: Jimbo
Astros fans shouldn't be making fun of other teams unis. Just sayin. o_O

102793a_med.jpeg