MLB 2022 Season

I remember that Red Wing team .... extremely talented.
Fortunately for them they broke thier habit and went on to have 2 Championships a few years later.

Yep, and same with the Patriots and Warriors (before and after their historic regular season years). The Mariners, OTOH, have not been back to the postseason since they won those 116 regular season games in 2001. That is currently the longest active postseason drought in the 4 major sports.

Yep, and same with the Patriots and Warriors (before and after their historic regular season years). The Mariners, OTOH, have not been back to the postseason since they won those 116 regular season games in 2001. That is currently the longest active postseason drought in the 4 major sports.
Mariners won 116 games that year ... WOW ...

Just a guess, but that must have been with Randy Johnson and Ken Griffey Jr and ARod ????

Maybe not all of them, but some combination I think.

Mariners won 116 games that year ... WOW ...

Just a guess, but that must have been with Randy Johnson and Ken Griffey Jr and ARod ????

Maybe not all of them, but some combination I think.

I would have guessed the same thing, but they were all gone by then. Edgar Martinez was still there.
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

Curious, how much do these Umps make when they are at yankee games ?

They definitely need to see an Eye Dr. (HP Ump both nights have been questionable.)

In their first 9 series of the year, the Red Sox went a dreadful 1-7-1. Since then they have gone an incredible 11-1-2 in series. Pretty amazing turnaround!!

Reactions: Jimbo
In their first 9 series of the year, the Red Sox went a dreadful 1-7-1. Since then they have gone an incredible 11-1-2 in series. Pretty amazing turnaround!!
Or a pathetic start for a team that was supposed to compete for the east?

The Red Sox sweep the artists formally known as the Indians in Cleveland. They are now in second place in the AL East, and are #1 in the Wildcard standings.

The AL East standings on May 10 and the current standings. What’s crazy is how incredibly white hot the Red Sox have been, and they’ve lost a half game to the Yankees in the standings. Just May be one of the most incredible stats I’ve ever seen.

IMG_9934.JPG
IMG_9937.JPG

The Red Sox sweep the artists formally known as the Indians in Cleveland. They are now in second place in the AL East, and are #1 in the Wildcard standings.

The AL East standings on May 10 and the current standings. What’s crazy is how incredibly white hot the Red Sox have been, and they’ve lost a half game to the Yankees in the standings. Just May be one of the most incredible stats I’ve ever seen.

View attachment 157328View attachment 157329
I think that also means that the rest of the AL East has Sucked ..... seeing they have gained very little on the 1st place team ...

The rest of the AL East has “sucked”?? You do see the standings, right?
Standing dont matter at all....I bet the last 1/3 of the season the AL east will be playing the AL east....When one game head to head is worth a game in those standings.

The rest of the AL East has “sucked”?? You do see the standings, right?
Yes, most have played .500 ball or there about since that start ... outside of the Red Sox and yankees.

Btw, the Sox have picked up 2 games in the last 10 games ....

I like to keep an eye on the last 10 games, not so much a 30 game block, but a large block also shows trends.

Standing dont matter at all....I bet the last 1/3 of the season the AL east will be playing the AL east....When one game head to head is worth a game in those standings.

Each game head to head is both a win and a loss, so hypothetically speaking, if the teams split head to head games they would all end up at .500. The fact that 80% of the division is well over .500 (with one team waaaaaaay over .500) while playing an unbalanced schedule (and that part is key) tells me that they’re beating up on the rest of league on a consistent basis. So if the AL East “sucks”, what does that say about the rest of MLB?

Yes, most have played .500 ball or there about since that start ... outside of the Red Sox and yankees.

Btw, the Sox have picked up 2 games in the last 10 games ....

I like to keep an eye on the last 10 games, not so much a 30 game block, but a large block also shows trends.

Since May 10th in the AL East:

NYY- 19 games over .500
BOS- 18 games over .500
TOR- 6 games over .500
TB- 3 games over .500
BAL- 1 game under .500

Remember, you have 2 teams that have played .700 ball in that timeframe. It’s obviously impossible for every team to be playing anywhere near that clip, so IMO a cumulative 8 games over .500 for the other 3 teams is pretty darned good- especially with an unbalanced schedule.

Each game head to head is both a win and a loss, so hypothetically speaking, if the teams split head to head games they would all end up at .500. The fact that 80% of the division is well over .500 (with one team waaaaaaay over .500) while playing an unbalanced schedule (and that part is key) tells me that they’re beating up on the rest of league on a consistent basis. So if the AL East “sucks”, what does that say about the rest of MLB?
I didnt say it sucked at all.....Stop the cheerleading!!....You have a team who has run away with the east from the start...very hard to catch up to that....Even head to head...Your cheering on wildcards....The rest of the MLB AL has been a disgrace other that Huston....
I dont remember MLB not ending the last 2 months mostly league head to head....Maybe this year is the exception for the East?