MLB 2022 Season

I didnt say it sucked at all.....Stop the cheerleading!!....You have a team who has run away with the east from the start...very hard to catch up to that....Even head to head...Your cheering on wildcards....The rest of the MLB AL has been a disgrace other that Huston....
I dont remember MLB not ending the last 2 months mostly league head to head....Maybe this year is the exception for the East?

Whoa chill, who tf is cheerleading? I was merely pointing out the Red Sox got off to an awful start, and have since recovered nicely. And I’ve also pointed out that despite their red hot stretch, that they’ve loss ground to the Yankees. That’s all. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and AZ.
I still maintain that if the Red Sox don’t add another right handed middle reliever that they will not go very far.

I still maintain that if the Red Sox don’t add another right handed middle reliever that they will not go very far.
I agree ...

Also, the Astros NEED to get pitching help as well ...
They have pitched very well for the most part, but when they are Not ON, they are brutal.
They still need a bonifide Closer, I'm not set with Pressley .

Btw, theres nothing wrong with Cheerleading ..... My Neice just went to States and then to Florida for Finals !!!! :)

I didnt say it sucked at all.....Stop the cheerleading!!....You have a team who has run away with the east from the start...very hard to catch up to that....Even head to head...Your cheering on wildcards....The rest of the MLB AL has been a disgrace other that Huston....
I dont remember MLB not ending the last 2 months mostly league head to head....Maybe this year is the exception for the East?
AZ,
I am the one that said the others Sucked .... a few games over .500, sucks ...
I'm looking at you Tampa and Toronto ....:shh

Tampa, Toronto, and Boston will be fighting for 2nd place all season.
Then you should have a solid bet in Vegas....You never know in baseball........Guess everyone forgot what the Braves did last year?
All it takes is a few key injuries....thats all
We arnt even at the all star break!

Let's just say I am enjoying the current standings.
Good ...
I am too ....

I can never remember who likes what teams unless its obvious or talked about often.
I've talked with Bill for many years is why I can remember him being a Red Sox fan, and the fact that I follow them as well.

That said, I MAY be the only Astros fan here.

I agree ...

They have pitched very well for the most part, but when they are Not ON, they are brutal.

Btw, theres nothing wrong with Cheerleading ..... My Neice just went to States and then to Florida for Finals !!!! :)

I agree. The Astros also need help in the bullpen.

Current standings notwithstanding, I’m sticking to my preseason pick to win it all…..the Blue Jays.

I agree ...

There’s actually discussion on a Red Sox fan site that they should move Michael Wacha to the bullpen when Chris Sale, Nathan Eovaldi and James Paxton all come back. I vehemently disagree with this. Wacha has been their most consistent starter this year, and who knows what you’re gonna get out of Paxton coming off TJ surgery. I think moving Whitlock back to the bullpen, getting Taylor back from injury and adding one other arm out there is the way to go.

Current standings notwithstanding, I’m sticking to my preseason pick to win it all…..the Blue Jays.
I'd rather see the Jays than them Damn yankees !

Even though its been a decade since the yankees have won, if your Not a yankee fan, you want to see them lose.

You see, the yankees Are the Cowboys of Baseball.

There’s actually discussion on a Red Sox fan site that they should move Michael Wacha to the bullpen when Chris Sale, Nathan Eovaldi and James Paxton all come back. I vehemently disagree with this. Wacha has been their most consistent starter this year, and who knows what you’re gonna get out of Paxton coming off TJ surgery. I think moving Whitlock back to the bullpen, getting Taylor back from injury and adding one other arm out there is the way to go.
IF you move Sale to the pen as a Closer, he can come back sooner as he's generally only going to pitch 1 inning, and he can go all out ....
And in certain situations, if hes pitching the 9th, he can also turn into the Long relief guy for Extra Innings ... No opposing team is gonna want to see Sale pitch in extra innings.

Just a thought ...

Or do they need him as a Starter right away ?

Speaking of that yankees/ Astros series and the need for relievers ....

Astros Starters pitched
Innings 27
Earned Runs 5
Walks 8 (which is high, but that series had a ton of bad home plate calls both ways)
HR's Allowed 3

Meanwhile, the Relievers (if you can call it that)
9.1 innings
8 Earned Runs
12 WALKS

3 HR's

IF you move Sale to the pen as a Closer, he can come back sooner as he's generally only going to pitch 1 inning, and he can go all out ....
And in certain situations, if hes pitching the 9th, he can also turn into the Long relief guy for Extra Innings ... No opposing team is gonna want to see Sale pitch in extra innings.

Just a thought ...

Or do they need him as a Starter right away ?

Cora is already on record saying Sale will be in the rotation when he comes back. They don’t necessarily “need” him as a starter right away. The rotation has been a strength for the Red Sox all year. Wacha (not great tonight) and Pivetta have both been lights out during their surge. When Sale and Paxton come back they’ll have 7 starters (Sale, Eovaldi, Pivetta, Wacha, Hill, Paxton and Whitlock). Moving Whitlock back to the bullpen is a big time no-brainer. Not because he’s sucked as a starter (he was actually pretty good before he went on the IL), but he is an absolute STUD in the bullpen. They’ll probably have to make a tough decision on 42 year old Rich Hill, who has been fairly decent as the #5 starter, when all the others come back.

Cora is already on record saying Sale will be in the rotation when he comes back. They don’t necessarily “need” him as a starter right away. The rotation has been a strength for the Red Sox all year. Wacha (not great tonight) and Pivetta have both been lights out during their surge. When Sale and Paxton come back they’ll have 7 starters (Sale, Eovaldi, Pivetta, Wacha, Hill, Paxton and Whitlock). Moving Whitlock back to the bullpen is a big time no-brainer. Not because he’s sucked as a starter (he was actually pretty good before he went on the IL), but he is an absolute STUD in the bullpen. They’ll probably have to make a tough decision on 42 year old Rich Hill, who has been fairly decent as the #5 starter, when all the others come back.
Well, that means we'll have to wait even longer on Sale to get back, seeing they will have to strech him out longer.

Hopefully he'll be strong with his new arm and have the same type of success that J.V. has had. :)
Verlander seems to think they put a 22 year old arm on him !!
JV pitches tomorrow afternoon, I probably cursed his outing now ... lol.

Btw, whats going on with Duran, I was hoping he was here to take over CF for good this time.
Not sure what I think of this guy Refsnyder yet.

As I typed this, he comes up and HITS a HR to tie the game .... :)

And what ever happened with the kid coming up thats suppose to play 1B, Tristen was it.
We've heard a lot more about him than seen.

Reactions: BillD1984
Well, that means we'll have to wait even longer on Sale to get back, seeing they will have to strech him out longer.

Hopefully he'll be strong with his new arm and have the same type of success that J.V. has had. :)
Verlander seems to think they put a 22 year old arm on him !!
JV pitches tomorrow afternoon, I probably cursed his outing now ... lol.

Btw, whats going on with Duran, I was hoping he was here to take over CF for good this time.
Not sure what I think of this guy Refsnyder yet.

As I typed this, he comes up and HITS a HR to tie the game .... :)

And what ever happened with the kid coming up thats suppose to play 1B, Tristen was it.
We've heard a lot more about him than seen.

Duran and Tanner Houck (the Sox closer) are unavailable in Toronto because of their vaccination status. And yes, Refsnyder has been quite a find. It will be interesting to see what the Sox do when Kike Hernandez comes off the IL. I would imagine Duran goes back down to AAA because I’m not sure if Refsnyder has any options left.

Duran and Tanner Houck (the Sox closer) are unavailable in Toronto because of their vaccination status. And yes, Refsnyder has been quite a find. It will be interesting to see what the Sox do when Kike Hernandez comes off the IL. I would imagine Duran goes back down to AAA because I’m not sure if Refsnyder has any options left.
They go from Nobody in CF (brought back Bradley) to a log jam.