MLB All-Star Game

That scary AL lineup scored one measly run- and it was unearned.

This round goes to the NL fearsome foursome hurling staff (Jimenez, Halladay, Johnson, Wainwright)

I say the game went to the pitchers in the first 5 innings ... then once the hitters could actually SEE the ball the rest of the pitchers took over.

Not like the NL ran all over them.

NL scored 3 runs in the 7th when you could SEE !

I say the game went to the pitchers in the first 5 innings ... then once the hitters could actually SEE the ball the rest of the pitchers took over.

Not like the NL ran all over them.
For about 10 of the 13 games in a row that the AL won, they did not run over the NL either. The dominance thing was only impressive by the win loss record. Most of the games were won by 1 run and could have gone either way. Showing that the teams are more evenly matched than a 13-0 record would indicate

This was All Star redemption for McCann.

In the 2008 All-Star Game, when the AL ended a long game on a sac fly, McCann was unable to tag Justin Morneau.

What backup player makes the ASG anyway? :confused:
Exactly. I thought it was understood that when someone says back-up player for an All Star team, they mean someone who did not start in the All Star game. Of course they are starters on their own teams (except relief pitchers, but they are not considered backup players).

ETA: Not meaning to criticize you, Jimbo. Just clarifying.

Exactly. I thought it was understood that when someone says back-up player for an All Star team, they mean someone who did not start in the All Star game. Of course they are starters on their own teams (except relief pitchers, but they are not considered backup players).

Exactly! :up

I wasn't surprised to see McCann get the three-run hit that basically won the game for the NL.

After all, he is one of the elite hitting catchers in baseball.

ETA: Not meaning to criticize you, Jimbo. Just clarifying.

I realized what you meant after I posted it.

You would think that they could do all the Pre Game stuff BEFORE 8 PM so the game can actually START by or at 8 PM.

This game will not be over before 12:30 earliest.
How many Kids are they losing this time.
Oh, I forgot, they gave up on kids a long time ago.

I was just thinking the same thing.............just PLAY BALL!!!! :rolleyes:

No doubt. Have a 4:30 (7:30 EDT) pregame show where they do the introductions and the ceremonies, and start the game closer to 5 (8 on the east coast)

Exactly! I didn't get to see the end of it. :rant::rant:

I know you have to deal with this from time to time, but the 5 pm PT start is a terrible time to start a game, KNOWING that you have shadow issues.....

The Tigers had to deal with it twice this year while in Seattle and LA so far.

Quick look at the Tigers schedule, they are done with thier West Coast swings :D

I know you have to deal with this from time to time, but the 5 pm PT start is a terrible time to start a game, KNOWING that you have shadow issues.....

The Tigers had to deal with it twice this year while in Seattle and LA so far.

Quick look at the Tigers schedule, they are done with thier West Coast swings :D
Then they would have to wait until 7 pm, which means those on the east coast would not see the start until 10 pm.

Better solution would be to go back to day games, like they used to do. I would bet the ratings would even be better if they played a day game, like baseball is supposed to be played

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)