MLB at Bat 2010 App Background Audio

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Just noticed that the iphone app MLB at Bat 2010 app has accomplished letting you listen the game audio in the background while you use other apps. I have been using this app since it came out last year and during spring training this year and just noticed this feature. Is this new?

I didn't even know it did this until you just posted about it, and this is my second year with it. Thanks for the info.

I am assuming we are talking about on the iPhone...

Yes its a new feature... what it does is opens Safari and plays the audio in Safari in one of the tabs.

Safari can do background tasks.

Will be better when 4.0 comes out. :)

Yes referring to the iPhone app. It's the closest thing to multitasking on my iPhone that I actually use since I got it. And wow, it works great. One thing I have noticed is that you can't use another tab in Safari while listening. So if you want to browse the web while listening you need to use Opera Mini.

Last edited:
How do you get it to work? Every time I leave the app, the audio shuts off. You cannot open another app until you close this one.

ETA: Never mind, I figured it out

When you have the game audio playing, to the right of the pause button, there is a "Q". I didn't realize it was a button until i hit it. click on it and it will ask you if you would like to play the audio in the background in Safari. Let me know if this helps.

When you have the game audio playing, to the right of the pause button, there is a "Q". I didn't realize it was a button until i hit it. click on it and it will ask you if you would like to play the audio in the background in Safari. Let me know if this helps.
I figured it out when I accidentally hit the Q icon. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts