Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK I'll try to explain the confusion.....

I am in both the Twins and Brewers territory so both 668 (FS North) & 669 (FSN Wisc-part time) are open. Anyways tonight the Brewers are on MLB Net so I'm blacked out. I go there and it says "you're blacked out but we're searching for the game" and after 30 seconds it gives up

FSN Wisco is not carrying it so no 669. I change my favs to "All" and find the game on RSN Alt 658...the channel works (the game is on WMLW in Milwaukee) but its shaded out in the guide

2 questions
1. I thought the "blackout finder" actually finds the game? I manually found it on 658 and the MLB EI channel in the 720 area
2. Why dont the RSN Alt's show in the "channels I get"? I noticed Sunday's Twins game (on local TV in Minneapolis) is also on 658 Sunday.

I don't an answer for you, but if the Brewers aren't on 669-1, I go to ESPN and press the red button to bring up the score guide and that will list the channel(s) the Brewers are on. I find that's faster and more accurate than the game finder feature.

Ok here the long and the short of it

Fox on saturdays rules over all but local RSNs
ESPN rules over everything but locals rsns
Local RSNs rule over MLB net
and Network Locals rule over Local RNS

Somehow I think I am going to have to make a info graphic on this .

P.S. the reason alt dont chow up in the guide all the time is the guide is slow to update and the channels are not always active so we take them live and some time the guide does not update right away.

Ok here the long and the short of it

Fox on saturdays rules over all but local RSNs
ESPN rules over everything but locals rsns
Local RSNs rule over MLB net
and Network Locals rule over Local RNS

Somehow I think I am going to have to make a info graphic on this .
that part I get just fine ;) I know how the blackout rules work.

its more of the issue of the RSN alt channels

P.S. the reason alt dont chow up in the guide all the time is the guide is slow to update and the channels are not always active so we take them live and some time the guide does not update right away.

thats what I figured...so the best thing to do is either put the "normal" ones that it seems like they use for the MN & WI games (657/658 and a couple more) or just check on Sundays for the game?

Just seems weird that the alt channels that dont have a game show up kin the guide yet the ones that do have a game dont ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)