MLB Blackouts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PJW99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
What exactly is the rule supposed to be with blacking out a MLB game on Dish? For example, I live in the Spokane,WA DMA and tuned into the MLB Network right now expectig to be able to watch the Tigers and Rangers play. When I changed the channel a message popped up saying "We're sorry, this program is not available for viewing in your area". What confuses me is that I dont see this game on any other channel that I currently get.

I live nowhere near Detroit or the state of Texas, so I should definitely be able to get this game right?

No not if you are getting another game. Did you check the alternate channel?

Blackouts on the MLB Network and MLB Alternate make absolutely no sense. Two games that are playing nowhere near where I am located, how they determine which is to be blacked out and which I get to see appear to be totally random.

I know they will use geographic location often, I know because in Tampa when there are two games on if one is the Braves and whoever, and one is the Phillies and whoever, there I get the Braves game, in Ct. I would get the Phillies game. There could well be other considerations also.

It is because the second game of the night on the main channel is in the OP's DMA. That means that DMA gets both alternate games.

I've finally given in and subscribed to MLB.tv for Mets games that are not broadcast nationally or on WPIX. I also watch whatever other games I have a chance to catch to get my money's worth out of the subscription.

No not if you are getting another game. Did you check the alternate channel?

What channel # is the MLB alternate channel? I went through all of the 100's as well as between 400-450 and didnt see an MLB network alternate channel.

I live in the Detroit area and had the same problem last night. I turned on MLB to watch the Cleveland at Seattle game and saw the same message. What freaking convoluted rules does MLB use and why not make it clear to it's fans what those rules are?

Again, did you check the alternate channel? 5450 (SD) 5451 (HD)
No I didn't because until I starting reading this thread this morning, I didn't even know there was a MLBN alternate and where it was located. I admit that's bad on my part. But when I went to the My Game locater it isn't shown either. I now know where to go, but Dish could make things a whole lot easier too. They are providing a service, and thus should be a little more pro-active to help their customers find things. I really shouldn't have to go to a forum for that info, it should be at their site.

Yea, it was a weird one last night as the Rangers-Tigers game was blacked out till the 7th inning on MLBN channel here in the Cleveland DMA, then the Cleveland-Seattle game come on then that game was blacked out in the 6th inning,though it was also on Sports Time Ohio channel 431, so I got to see the rest of the game.But I did note that the alternate channel (5450) was on here for the Yankees game and the Oakland-Angels games, kinda weird.

No I didn't because until I starting reading this thread this morning, I didn't even know there was a MLBN alternate and where it was located. I admit that's bad on my part. But when I went to the My Game locater it isn't shown either. I now know where to go, but Dish could make things a whole lot easier too. They are providing a service, and thus should be a little more pro-active to help their customers find things. I really shouldn't have to go to a forum for that info, it should be at their site.

Agreed 100% After noticing that the Tigers game was blacked out I went to the Dish's customer service chat to complain. They made no mention of the MLBN alternate channel,and acted completely clueless when I mentioned that I had no problems watching out of market games on MLBN before. If it were up to me, I would axe MLB Strike Zone on 153 and make that the MLB network Alternate channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)