MLB Channel on Dish????

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
Thought I would share this chat.

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: How can I provide you with the best value and service today?
: Well, I need to know how much longer my contract is with Dish Network
(03hy) Smidth M.BCM:

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: Your contract will end on 12/18/2010 .

Ok. Then if I opt out, what would the charge be
(
03hy) Smidth M.BCM: There will be a cancellation fee of $10.00 per month for the remaining months in the contract if services are cancelled with the contract period.

Ok. Then would I also need to return the receivers and remotes?

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: Yes, that's right

Are you at all curious why I am asking these questions?[/COLOR]
(
03hy) Smidth M.BCM: I am sorry, may I know the reason please?

Well, You have filled all my needs to keep me as a lifetime customer, with the exception of one channel. That would be the "MLB Channel".I know that Dish has issues with MLB, but with the low ratings it is currently getting it would make good marketting sense for them to put those issues behind them and offer it to the Dish programming.

Once again, if that is done, I will be a lifetime customer. I look forward to your comment.

Are you still there?

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: Yes, I am with you

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: I am sorry to take more time.

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: I was working on this issue.

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: I have forwarded a request to our programming department to add this MLB channel.
By the way, I have e mailed your CEO about this issue

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: We work hard with programmers to negotiate great channel options at the best price. DISH Network is working hard to reach an agreement with MLB channel .

Any guess as to when it might be available

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: I am sorry, I can not give you an exact date.
(
03hy) Smidth M.BCM: However I can assure you that, it will be added soon.:
Can I get confirmation of this from your supervisor

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line-up and continue to provide the widest variety of programming options available anywhere.
:
Yes, I know but I want confirmation of the addition of MLB from your supervisor.
(
03hy) Smidth M.BCM: As you have been a wonderful customer of Dish Network for a long time, I have passed on your feedback to the concerned department on your behalf to get this channel as soon as possible.

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM: Please be online while I connect this chat to my floor Supervisor.
I will await the floor supervisor

(Admin03) Don J has entered the session.

(Admin03) Don J: Thank you for your patience.

(03hy) Smidth M.BCM has left the session.
(Admin03) Don J: I understand your concern, Richard.

Don, your associate stated that the MLB channel will be added to your packages. Is that factual?

(Admin03) Don J: We are working on to launch the channel as soon as possible.

(Admin03) Don J: Once we have any information on this, you will be updated as soon as the channel is available.
:
Don. What is the time frame for as soon as possible

(Admin03) Don J: Unfortunately, we don't have any time frame available.

(Admin03) Don J: The best I can do is, I can forward a request to our concerned department regarding this channel on behalf of you.

Ok, Thanks

I, like many of you hope this is the truth, and not just telling me what I want to hear.

(Sundrop) When will the channel "Watching grass grow in HD" launch

(Admin03) David S: We are working on to launch the channel as soon as possible.

(Admin03) David S: Once we have any information on this, you will be updated as soon as the channel is available.

I will make this declaration: DISH NETWORK WILL NOT CARRY THE MLB NETWORK under the current demands the channel is making.

You can expect the MLB network to appear on Dish right after YES and full time RSN in HD.

One can only hope its true, and not a bunch of BS.... I guess everyone will have to wait and see.....

It's BS. Dish would have to provide the Extra Innings package in order to get the channel. It's the whole reason they don't carry it now. Sorry, not happening.

And then "out of the blue" came MLB Extra Innings, but that was like the first day of the season. And then a couple of seasons later it didn't come back on the first day of the season. The "Sports Leader" had ponyed up big bucks to make it one of their many exclusives,
DiSH Network was the first to offer both team's feeds in any Premium Sports package. Seems like they still do in that package. Oops, it isn't the first day of the season, yet.
When you see the channel(s) in your EPG as available they may be going to provide it or it may be just a short term Freeview to borrow a term from the "Sports Leader". :)

Last edited:
Wow I thought I was dreaming about DN getting MLB, and apparently it is a dream after reading this post. hehe

oh really?
Then how come Cox, Time Warner, Comcast and D* are all owners too???

get your facts right next time :rolleyes:

The network has signed contracts with 36 cable and satellite carriers. In a deal that was pioneered by other sports league owned channels, MLB tied carriage of the MLB Network to the ability to carry the popular out of market MLB Extra Innings package. In return, cable and satellite providers were offered a minority share of the new network. Two major television providers that are not currently carrying the channel are AT&T U-Verse and Dish Network, leaving DirecTV with satellite exclusivity. Dish Network has been in an ongoing carriage dispute about MLB Extra Innings since the end of the 2006 season.

oh really?
Then how come Cox, Time Warner, Comcast and D* are all owners too???

get your facts right next time :rolleyes:

I am with Iceberg. They did the same thing as NFLST. However, they decided to allow others to match Directv contract. Every other provider joined in. I have both Charter and Directv which carry it.

Interesting that The Outdoor Channel is moving from #153.
Now there is a spot available between NFL Network and CBS College Sports.

I know wishful thinking but it would make sense to put MLB on #153

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)