MLB coming 12/18 to D*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Seems that comast is launching on the same day as I recived this in my comcast internet bill today. I thought D* was suppost to launch this channel from day one.

CHANNEL NEWS---On 12/16, Fox News Channel HD (chl 265) & FX HD (chl 267) will be added to Digital Starter Service and Speed Channel HD (chl 237) will be added to the Sports Entertainment Package.---On 12/18, MLB Network will be added to Digital Classic (chl 410).

It's launching 1/1/09 on D*

Who wants to sit around and launch channels on a holiday? I don't.. :D I don't believe that and the fact that this is the launch date of MLB because Comcast is launching it on that date (12.18.08), meaning the channel will be up and running on that date. This is the first real solid date anyone has said they will carry the channel other than 1.1.09, and being that it was on my bill coming from comcast, its pritty accurate. I also dont belive some of the lemmings and hold speculation to that date as I dont see anyone launching on a holiday, and would tend to belive this date more as it seems more accurate. After all D* did say they would carry the channel from day one, but that was before D* got sold. At this point in the game I really dont think any one from D* knows what's launching when and seems to be doing it on a whim like how Charlie and his boys were doing it. I just wish that d* could get its second breath. :)

Who wants to sit around and launch channels on a holiday? I don't.. :D I don't believe that and the fact that this is the launch date of MLB because Comcast is launching it on that date (12.18.08), meaning the channel will be up and running on that date. This is the first real solid date anyone has said they will carry the channel other than 1.1.09, and being that it was on my bill coming from comcast, its pritty accurate. I also dont belive some of the lemmings and hold speculation to that date as I dont see anyone launching on a holiday, and would tend to belive this date more as it seems more accurate. After all D* did say they would carry the channel from day one, but that was before D* got sold. At this point in the game I really dont think any one from D* knows what's launching when and seems to be doing it on a whim like how Charlie and his boys were doing it. I just wish that d* could get its second breath. :)

MLB Network | MLB.com: Multimedia

From what I understand MLB Network will be showing a demo loop and countdown until January 1st. There will be no real programming on it until then.

SatRacer said on the other site it would launch 1/1/09.

Sat Racer has also said in the past that we would have more National HD by now, has that happened? What im doing is taking a look at the other dates other providers are launching vs what has been put out there.. Here is a screen shot for the lemmings out there of what comcast is saying. Sence when did it become a crime to speculate around here. I know that othersites like to do that.. Dont bring that here... Speculate away.. We want you to freely talk about what channels might be launching when, and how good or bad D* is doing.. dont let the lemmings get to you :D

Attachments

• comcast.JPG
    comcast.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 194
Sat Racer has also said in the past that we would have more National HD by now, has that happened? What im doing is taking a look at the other dates other providers are launching vs what has been put out there.. Here is a screen shot for the lemmings out there of what comcast is saying. Sence when did it become a crime to speculate around here. I know that othersites like to do that.. Dont bring that here... Speculate away.. We want you to freely talk about what channels might be launching when, and how good or bad D* is doing.. dont let the lemmings get to you :D
Sat racer said today that there will be no more national HD until next year, starting with MLB.

And they have added more HD this year: CIHD, FNCHD, ABCFamHD, many RSNs in HD, ex (there are more, I just can't remember them off of the top of my head at the moment).

And they have added more HD this year: CIHD, FNCHD, ABCFamHD, many RSNs in HD, ex (there are more, I just can't remember them off of the top of my head at the moment).

The complete list of new channels is:

Crime and Investigation ID
Fox News HD
Planet Green HD
ABC Family HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Showcase HD

That's it.

Now D* did convert the old highly compressed MPEG2 HD channels to MPEG4 HD and I do appreciate that. They look much better.

D* also did convert a number part time RSNs to full time but I don't count them as new HD channels since the most important program on the RSNs (games) was already being shown on the part time channels.

Plus converting those RSNs and the MPEG2 channels didn't require new carriage agreements. Only 6 channels were added that required new carriage agreements and that may actually be only 5 since ABC Family was originally suppose to launch last year when ESPNews HD, Disney Channel HD and Toon Disney HD were added.

My guess is that the agreement for ABC Family was in place but there was no room for D* to add it until D11 went up.

during the end of baseball season and even into the playoffs, mlb parks were showing the launch of mlb netowrk as jan 1, 2009.

Every commercial during the post season went likee this - MLB Network coming 1.1.09 I doubt they changed the date...... I switch to D* 2 weeks ago due to Charlie's lameness.

It has a ticker on the bottom of screen saying it will be live on 1-1-09 at 6.00pm/et. Just got done showing 2005 world series.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts