Parental controls not so good

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
DirectTV parental controls suck. I wish there was a way to just block out the adult channels without it causing a bunch of premium channels as showing blocked title.

How do see the actual title and info for a "blocked title" show?

Edit: The title blocked, but I can still watch it. Great control.:rolleyes:

Can'tyou block or remove the chnls by specific number? Anyway aren't the adult chnls PPV only? How about NOT buying them; that should keep them out of eye view.

yep you can just block certain channels dtv doesn't suck at this it actually very easy to block to ones you want. menu select partfavand setup select parent controls select edit settings select chan blocks then go from there...don't select adult channels that blocks all the channels that has adult material chan blocks is what you need you can also set when they can watch tv as well that would be under hours...those receivers come with instructions and it will also tell you how to do it online

Can'tyou block or remove the chnls by specific number? Anyway aren't the adult chnls PPV only? How about NOT buying them; that should keep them out of eye view.

I know how to use use the controls, I just don't like how it works. What's the point in blocking a title if my kids can still click "blocked title" and watch the program?

I DON'T buy them! It's not only the show I don't want my kids to see. I don't want the title to the Adult PPV showing either. Also, when I block a channel, I'd like the channel to be gone from the guide.

On the DVRs my children use, I've set the rating limit to PG-13 and password protected it. That means that's no matter what channel they turn to, if the program rating is higher than PG-13 it is blocked and they can't watch it.

I find D*'s parental control to work very well.

You can go into the Favorites settings and uncheck a particular channel you don't want to see in the guide. But this alone will NOT prevent that channel from being tuned in. You would need to ALSO manually block the channels you don't want accessed and password protect the settings to prevent the channel from being manually accessed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.