MLB commissioner Selig appears to be "considering" reinstatement for Pete Rose

Don't they have a sign inside the clubhouse about Gambling? I haven't been in a clubhouse in years but I believe they do. It's just as bad as steroids. And if you believe that he only bet while Manager he did more damage that way then he ever could as a player. He controlled the whole outcome of the game that way.

Don't they have a sign inside the clubhouse about Gambling? I haven't been in a clubhouse in years but I believe they do. It's just as bad as steroids. And if you believe that he only bet while Manager he did more damage that way then he ever could as a player. He controlled the whole outcome of the game that way.

Um, of course ....
They forgot to put the sign up that said NO ILLEGAL DRUGS ..... How about HANDGUNS are they allowed in the club house ..... They forgot to post one about that too, didn't they ....:rolleyes:

I guess the issue I have with Pete Rose is kind of simple. I, for years, defended him and honestly thought the gambling wasn't as bad as MLB let on. I really thought it was more a personal thing between the two commissioners and Pete. However, a few years ago Pete basically admitted he lied and it was all true. Since that point I frankly don't care if he is ever allowed back into baseball. I guess the one caveat is if they allow positive drug tested players to continue in baseball, I think Pete should be allowed back into the game. So, I guess I am ambivalent. I just see how his offense is any worse than Steve Sax or other druggies.

I agree !

Even if they lift the ban I'm sure he won't get voted in.

Your sure ????

It all depends on WHO gets to vote.

Are they gong to give the writers the vote for 15 years ?
The Vet committee doesn't vote ANYONE in ....

Would they only give Rose 1 year to get voted in or the normal amount of thime, seeing he was NOT allowed to be voted in previously...

Many people voted for Rose when he was not on the ballot, but those numbers were not announced, if people voted him when he was not eligible I'm sure many will once he is.

Now making the 75 % probably isn't going to happen, but they are going to have to make stipulations if he is eligible.

IF they state, they are voting him for his time being a player, there is NO DOUBT that he will get voted in.

Provided the voter have enough balls to seperate the player from the after playing time.

Jimbo

Rose should take a lie detector and asked if he ever bet while he was a player. He should also be asked if he thought his Moe haircut was a good idea. :)

Rose should take a lie detector and asked if he ever bet while he was a player.

Rose busted his a$$ every play of every game. He is a liar, a womanizer, a gambling addict, etc, but I certain that he would have never given less than 100% on any play. His obsessive nature wouldn't have allowed him to.

Rose busted his a$$ every play of every game. He is a liar, a womanizer, a gambling addict, etc, but I certain that he would have never given less than 100% on any play. His obsessive nature wouldn't have allowed him to.

His dad once saw him walk to first base when he started playing and called him up and chewed him out for walking to first base and not hustling, so from then on he ran to first base.

I have no doubt that Rose played hard but the rules are the rules. You have to wonder why Rose didn't fight his ban from the game. He could have but he didn't because he knew they had tons of dirt on him.

I don't think that its ever been released. At the time, Rose got Giamatti to not release it in exchange for accepting a lifetime ban. I do think that releasing it should be a precursor to reinstatement for Rose.

The Dowd report determined that he did not bet against the Reds. The Dowd report also determined that overall he lost money and was a very scattered bettor. His betting pattern seemed to portray him as someone with a gambling addiction, just in it for the action. There was never any evidence introduced that he did things to throw games or that any "inside info" he may have had as a MLB manager helped him in any way.

I believe his 20 year "sentence" is punishment enough for what he did, and as a previous poster said, as long as he is not in any type of active position where he can dictate game events he should be reinstated. (Old timer's games, all-star functions, etc.).

Yeah, and the Warren Report said Oswald acted alone......

My point wa the credibility of "reports" when the commission has an agenda. Do you think it was in MLB's best interest to say Rose had gambled on his team to lose?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)