cliff lee traded?

Lee-ving Cleveland, Indians Deal Cy Young Award Winner to Phillies
The Indians have agreed to trade Cliff Lee along with Ben Francisco to the Phillies for 4 prospects according to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports.

The Indians will receive Class A right-hander Jason Knapp, Class AAA right-hander Carlos Carrasco, shortstop Jason Donald and catcher Lou Marson.

from espncleveland.

You guys are getting some great prospects you guys, for me getting Lee has eased the pain of losing Curt Schiiling years ago thanks to that bastard Ed Wade.

In the last two years we've traded away 2 Cy Young winners and our #1 setup guy in the bullpen! Both Cliff and Sabathia were front of the rotation types of guys. This is very depressing!

Just when I thought by trading Betancourt, DeRosa and Garko it would clear up some money to be able to resign Cliffy! But no....

The real question is: who is going to be our Ace next year? And what the hell happened to our pitching staff in the last 2 years?! We went from having one of the best in 2007 to being in shambles now! I think we are officially in rebuild mode.

You guys are getting some great prospects you guys, for me getting Lee has eased the pain of losing Curt Schiiling years ago thanks to that bastard Ed Wade.

Please elaborate. Specifically on Carlos Carrasco. It appears that he is the closest to be major league ready. How is he?

huh? no way are those guys even close to being great prospects....you guys got lee for pennies on the dollar.

I hope Dolan's happy. We just slashed even more money in contracts. Who is going to show up at Jacob's Field the rest of the year and support this purging of talent? The place is going to be a ghostown!

Reason #562 why mid-market teams cannot compete in MLB over an extended period of time. Time to institute a salary cap folks!!!!!

I have a bad feeling this means Halladay winds up on the Red Sox, unless Cashman does a 'midnight Lute' like he did with Texeira.

Ugh. If the Red Sox do get Halladay, can they please trade him directly to the Cardinals for Matt Holliday?

That's the guy all of you want, right?

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)