cliff lee traded?

Early report this morning was that the Phillies are still going after Halladay.

As for the Cliff Lee trade the Phillies gave up nothing. Carasco was ok but would likely have never get a start in the Phillies rotation, Jason Donald is on IR and is having shoulder problems at the age of 19 which means he'll either blow his arm out or he'll lose velocity, and Marson is a good batter but a piss poor defensive catcher which means he'll likely not last in the majors.

If the Phils still want Halladay they can get him for J A Happ and Dreybeck (who I don't believe is as good as they are hyping him to be after seeing him pitch a game) and end up having a great rotation.

Yep. I basically said that yesterday....

According to ESPN Radio, Philly STILL has their top 4 prospects left (top 2 pitchers and top 2 position players). Apparently Cleveland settled for the "2nd tier" prospects for the reigning Cy Younger. The "first tier" prospects are the players that Toronto coveted for Roy Halladay.

Considering Cliff Lee is not "that much worse" than Halladay, the Phillies just got a phenomenal deal considering what they gave up, or in this case, didn't give up.

And quite honestly, they still have the prospects to trade for Halladay if they wanted. Not sure if they'll mortgage their farm system all in one year, but could you imagine a staff consisting of Halladay, Lee and Hamels for at least 2 more years?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Early report this morning was that the Phillies are still going after Halladay.

As for the Cliff Lee trade the Phillies gave up nothing. Carasco was ok but would likely have never get a start in the Phillies rotation, Jason Donald is on IR and is having shoulder problems at the age of 19 which means he'll either blow his arm out or he'll lose velocity, and Marson is a good batter but a piss poor defensive catcher which means he'll likely not last in the majors.

If the Phils still want Halladay they can get him for J A Happ and Dreybeck (who I don't believe is as good as they are hyping him to be after seeing him pitch a game) and end up having a great rotation.

You must not know much about minor league baseball because IF you can hit, they WILL find a position for you. Many propects have switched positions because they could still hit. Also, at 19, a players still has PLENTY of time to recoup from even major injury, the Marlins Josh Johnson and many other is proof of that. So IF you lose velocity in your fastball, you do not need to throw 95+ to make the big club, THAT has been proved over and over and over again. As far Carasco, he was a victim of being in a log jam. The Phillies have alot of very good, young pitchers....they had a surplus, a commodity in there their farm system that only the Marlins had.

I love how people can judge what a propect can or cannot do in the big leagues before they even get there....:rolleyes:

So HD, give the kids a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.....;)