cliff lee traded?

I have a bad feeling this means Halladay winds up on the Red Sox, unless Cashman does a 'midnight Lute' like he did with Texeira.

Ugh. If the Red Sox do get Halladay, can they please trade him directly to the Cardinals for Matt Holliday?

That's the guy all of you want, right?

Sandra
Not me. The hitting will come around. Last night was a perfect example why pitching is critical.

The Phillies offered the 4 players Cleveland got PLUS J.A. Happ and the jays turned it down. They are morons!

The Blue Jays just might wind up getting much better prospects from the Red Sox for Halladay, especially if they can get the Yankees involved. If they do, they won't look like morons anymore. :rolleyes:

Sandra

you are wrong

Number Thirty pitching prospect

An under-the-radar phenom last year, Carrasco won't be able to sneak past anyone this time around. He'll enter 2009 as one of baseball's top pitching prospects, with a very high chance of breaking into MLB this season. He's underrated on a lot of lists, which makes him even more attractive to those of us who like bargains.

Despite putting up a so-so 4.38 ERA at AA in 2008, Carrasco did nothing to diminish his standing as the Phillies' premium pitching prospect. He looked better in the six AAA starts he finished up with, and there's not much more he can do other than wait for a shot with the big club: he's already got three solid big-league ready pitches, he's shown durability and endurance needed to be a front-line starter, and he's got the brains to outsmart sluggers from outing to outing and at-bat to at-bat. If Philly gives the kid a shot, expect some highlight-reel performances.

Number 195
A mature prospect angling for playing time in Philadelphia soon, shortstop Jason Donald is an all-around quality player who's shown he's ready for a shot at the Bigs. While he's likely destined for third base very soon, most of his time has been spent at shortstop so far, including three standout college seasons at Arizona.

A .300 hitter since being drafted in 2006's third round, Donald has been simmering in the minors, sharpening his mix of decent power and good baserunning. He won't be a 30-homer guy in the majors, but he could be a solid 20/20 contributor if plunked into the lower half of a potent Phillies lineup as early as 2009. He could get a shot as a short-term Utley replacement, and if he does well, he might win a year-long bench/utility role right out of the gate.

Number 158

A defensively strong catcher who's made a fast rise through the system, Lou Marson has gone from being one of a half-dozen decent system backstops to the likely catcher of the future in Philadelphia, mainly on the back of his hard-nosed and 'Phillies-style' attitude. He won't be a Mauer/Soto/Wieters type plus bat, but as long as his hitting continues to develop as much as it has in the last two years, he'll be penciled into in the starting lineup by 2010 or so.

yep your right I am wrong, those are some top prospects according to thescoutingbook.com

edit: heres the deal are these guys good, maybe, but you guys got cliff lee and francisco for pennies on the dollar when it comes to value.

Cliff Lee is under contract for one more year. Evidently they think they are more than a "Cliff Lee" away from competing next year. I'm going to reserve judgement until I scout all of these young farm hands we've got.

To hell with Cleveland though! I am heading to Classic Park, home of the Class A Affiliate, Lake County Captains for my Baseball fix and to scout these boys....

If the Phillies would have given up Drabek they just may have acquired Halladay. They wouldn't.

Sandra

LOL and now they keep Drabek and Happ, can't wait for the Phillies future pitching staff

Hamels
Lee
Happ
Blanton
Drabek

Plus Myers, Pedro, Moyer, we have starting pitching out the wazoo!!!!!

Cliff Lee is under contract for one more year. Evidently they think they are more than a "Cliff Lee" away from competing next year. I'm going to reserve judgement until I scout all of these young farm hands we've got.

To hell with Cleveland! I am heading to Classic Park, home of Class A Affiliate, Lake County Captains for my Baseball fix and to scout these boys....

I said this years ago when Wade traded Schilling my friend. Hopefully years down the road Cleveland will be built up again. If you are a true fan you will go thru what I have been thru along with all teams and fans out there.

Number Thirty pitching prospect

Number 195

Number 158

yep your right I am wrong, those are some top prospects according to thescoutingbook.com

edit: heres the deal are these guys good, maybe, but you guys got cliff lee and francisco for pennies on the dollar when it comes to value.

So your gonna just go on some paperwork? give them a chance jesus!

Kyle Drabek has already had Tommy John surgery. Doesn't that raise a red flag? Sure would with me! Why the Jays think he is so important was poor thinking.

I said this years ago when Wade traded Schilling my friend. Hopefully years down the road Cleveland will be built up again. If you are a true fan you will go thru what I have been thru along with all teams and fans out there.

Oh trust me. I've been through much worse as a Tribe fan and Cleveland fan in general. This is a small bump in the road. We'll survive. That's what we do best. Survive until next year. There's ALWAYS next year....

Oh trust me. I've been through much worse as a Tribe fan and Cleveland fan in general. This is a small bump in the road. We'll survive. That's what we do best. Survive until next year. There's ALWAYS next year....

you can agree with this or not...

Knapp is a BIGTIME prospect.

One singular year ago, Donald/Marson were in futures game and going to and excelling at the Olympics.... and Carrasco was deemed untouchable.

So your gonna just go on some paperwork? give them a chance jesus!

I dont think your getting what I am saying...you guys got Cliff Lee and didnt have to give up your top prospect, plus Ben, who I am Going to promise you will love, that kid is a HUSTLER, what he dosent have in game he makes up for in heart, and we got 1 MAYBE cant miss pitcher, and 2 could be prospects, who we have players ahead of them in their prospective postions.

Kyle Drabek has already had Tommy John surgery. Doesn't that raise a red flag? Sure would with me! Why the Jays think he is so important was poor thinking.

If Drabek is such a red flag the Phillies should have included him in the package for Roy Halladay. ;)

Sandra

I dont think your getting what I am saying...you guys got Cliff Lee and didnt have to give up your top prospect, plus Ben, who I am Going to promise you will love, that kid is a HUSTLER, what he dosent have in game he makes up for in heart, and we got 1 MAYBE cant miss pitcher, and 2 could be prospects, who we have players ahead of them in their prospective postions.

From what I hear, Drabek and Happ were their top Pitching prospects. We got their #3 and #4 pitching prospects in Carrasco and Knapp, along with another catcher (Marston) and a utility guy (Donald).

Speaking of catchers, what the hell do we do with all of the catchers we have?! We now have V-Mart, Kelly Shoppach, Carlos Santana and now Marston!? I hope this doesn't mean Victor Martinez is now expendable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)