cliff lee traded?

I dont think your getting what I am saying...you guys got Cliff Lee and didnt have to give up your top prospect, plus Ben, who I am Going to promise you will love, that kid is a HUSTLER, what he dosent have in game he makes up for in heart, and we got 1 MAYBE cant miss pitcher, and 2 could be prospects, who we have players ahead of them in their prospective postions.

Yeah seriously. At face value, it looks like we got more for CC Sabathia last year and he was a 3 month rental! At least Cliff is still under contract for all next year. You'd think we would've been able to get a little bit more.

Oh well. It's hard to judge trades this early. As Sabres said, no one ever thought much of the Bartolo trade for all of those "no-name" prospects from Montreal and we all know how that turned out. :)

Cliff Lee isn't chopped liver Sandy. After all, he IS the reigning AL Cy Young winner!

Cliff Lee is a very good pitcher and more than welcome on the Yankees for the right price. But Halladay is at a whole different level.

This is not a Cleveland thing, don't get your tomahawk in a knot or anything. Halladay is also at a different level than anyone the Yankees have, or have had, in quite a while.

Sandra

Ok, it's settled in.... AND I'M MAD AS HELL!!!!

So the Tribe have officially called this season over?

Yep. And next season as well. At least that's the message to me.....

Oh, one more thing. You know how we got a minor league catcher in the deal? Well, word out of Cleveland is that Victor Martinez will be gone in another 48 hours!

I am THIS close to blowing a gasket! Give me one good reason why I should support this team again until that idiot owner Larry Dolan sells this team!?! He's turned this once proud franchise into the league's best Minor League Team! After all, that is what we've become. We've traded 2 Cy Young Pitchers in as many years. We've traded away a World Series MVP in Manny Ramirez. We traded away a +500 HR hitter in Jim Thome. Now, we're THIS close in trading away our next young star in Victor Martinez?!

WTF! You don't groom young talent only to trade them away in their peak performing years! What kind of message does that send to the current players? What kind of message is that to the fans?

We're a resilient bunch, we'll get over it. But as fans, we deserve better. In the Dick Jacob's/ Jim Hart era, we filled the Stadium night in and night out for 455 straight games which was a record at the time. You give us a winning product and we'll love you and support you till death. But this current regime and their cost cutting ways HAVE to go!

Do us all a favor Mr. Dolan. SELL THE TEAM! You're not interested in building a winner. You're interested in your own pockets. Do us all a favor and leave. NOW! You're not welcome in this city anymore! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
According to ESPN Radio, Philly STILL has their top 4 prospects left (top 2 pitchers and top 2 position players). Apparently Cleveland settled for the "2nd tier" prospects for the reigning Cy Younger. The "first tier" prospects are the players that Toronto coveted for Roy Halladay.

Considering Cliff Lee is not "that much worse" than Halladay, the Phillies just got a phenomenal deal considering what they gave up, or in this case, didn't give up.

And quite honestly, they still have the prospects to trade for Halladay if they wanted. Not sure if they'll mortgage their farm system all in one year, but could you imagine a staff consisting of Halladay, Lee and Hamels for at least 2 more years?! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

No matter how you look at it, this was a much better deal than the Halladay deal would have been. The Phils now have one of the best pitchers in baseball, a better ace than they had last year, and did not have to give up as much. This deal now makes them the favorites, IMO, to go to the WS again.

Ughh....i'll withhold judgment on the prospects because it's too early to tell, but im REALLY pissed off that they've thrown in the towel for next year. I guess i will also just go to Lake County to get my baseball fix.

HD and Sky Hi, I feel for you. Cliff Lee had a tough start to the year. Why? I feel for you Indians fans. But hey, you could be Mets fans. I wont get started on my team. You think your team is falling apart, check out some of the Mets antics and moves, or lack there of.

Also, it sucks that Lee goes to the Phillies of all teams. Thats all the Mets need. I'm begging that the Sox get Holliday. Anybody but the Yankees....please!!!!!

Now the Tribe fans can begin to feel the pain of Oriole fans since Peter Angelos bought the team. Once one of the proudest franchises in all of baseball, now the laughing stock. I moved to Maryland to be closer to the Colts and Orioles, and now one has left and the other might just as well. Thank God that training camp for the Ravens is opening.

A Decent Proposal

If Baseball won't institute a salary cap, will they at least give season ticket holders, fans and folks living in the city an opportunity to vote out worthless owners?!

I think that's at a fair proposal. To be stuck with a tight-wad windbag that is not only ruining this orgainization, but will also effect the surrounding bars, restaurants and shops in Cleveland with his cost cutting ways is a detriment to the city.

Do us all a favor Dolan and sell the team if you can't afford to put a decent product on the field! You're worthless and we don't want you anymore!

Fine, Phillies will once again be the underdog and it sure didn't phase them in 08.

Phillies are NO WHERE NEAR beaing considered the underdog. As of right now, the fight for the division is over AND they ARE considered to be the team to beat in the national league.

...they are EXPECTED to be back in the World Series now...

I dont think your getting what I am saying...you guys got Cliff Lee and didnt have to give up your top prospect, plus Ben, who I am Going to promise you will love, that kid is a HUSTLER, what he dosent have in game he makes up for in heart, and we got 1 MAYBE cant miss pitcher, and 2 could be prospects, who we have players ahead of them in their prospective postions.

But most trades, when dumping salary end up that way. One team WILL get the short end of the stick.

Early report this morning was that the Phillies are still going after Halladay.

As for the Cliff Lee trade the Phillies gave up nothing. Carasco was ok but would likely have never get a start in the Phillies rotation, Jason Donald is on IR and is having shoulder problems at the age of 19 which means he'll either blow his arm out or he'll lose velocity, and Marson is a good batter but a piss poor defensive catcher which means he'll likely not last in the majors.

If the Phils still want Halladay they can get him for J A Happ and Dreybeck (who I don't believe is as good as they are hyping him to be after seeing him pitch a game) and end up having a great rotation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)