MLB Extra Inning Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laman400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I have recently switched from Dish to Direct in order to receive the MLB EI package on my TV. I have signed up for the package and made 2 payments so far. This morning I noticed that the MLBEI channels are showing up in my "Channels I Get" display finally, but channel 720 (MLBX-the 8 channel Mosaic view), and channels 747, 748, and 749 are not displaying in my guide. If I change to the "All Channels" view, those 4 channels (720, 747, 748, and 749) show up but are greyed out. Since I am a newbie to DirectTV, is there an explanation why I am not seeing channels 720, 747, 748, and 749 when I look at my "Channels I Get" guide display today for my MLBEI subscription?. I do not have an HD subscription, only SD. Does that have any effect on getting channel 720, the 8 channel Mosaic view for MLBEI, and the other 3 missing MLBEI channels? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I have recently switched from Dish to Direct in order to receive the MLB EI package on my TV. I have signed up for the package and made 2 payments so far. This morning I noticed that the MLBEI channels are showing up in my "Channels I Get" display finally, but channel 720 (MLBX-the 8 channel Mosaic view), and channels 747, 748, and 749 are not displaying in my guide. If I change to the "All Channels" view, those 4 channels (720, 747, 748, and 749) show up but are greyed out. Since I am a newbie to DirectTV, is there an explanation why I am not seeing channels 720, 747, 748, and 749 when I look at my "Channels I Get" guide display today for my MLBEI subscription?. I do not have an HD subscription, only SD. Does that have any effect on getting channel 720, the 8 channel Mosaic view for MLBEI, and the other 3 missing MLBEI channels? Thanks for the help.

Right now 720 and 720-1 are grayed out for me too. I do get HD. I have a handful of HD channels grayed out, but not the SD ones you mention. I'm not worried about it at this point. I will note that the gray outs have nothing to do with blackouts, which for me is the Giants and the A's. I just see everything as placeholders right now. Once the season starts, if you are not getting games you are supposed to, call customer service.

Last edited:

Welcome to Direct. Not sure if you know but if you have the Sports pack you can watch them on the home feed channel there as well(IE Yankees on Yes 631). there are blackout's when carried by ESPN or MLB or Fox.

Welcome to Direct. Not sure if you know but if you have the Sports pack you can watch them on the home feed channel there as well(IE Yankees on Yes 631). there are blackout's when carried by ESPN or MLB or Fox.
You do not need the sports pack to do so. With EI you can watch the games on either the EI channel or the RSNs.

channels i get feature is flaky at best. When the games start next week you'll get those channels just fine.

The channels will not come on until the game starts. They are blacked out until the game starts. Once the game starts the channels will show the game.

I don't know if this is an error or the blackout rules have changed this season but Directv has a schedule for the 1st week of the season and they list Twins at White Sox 1 PM ET on Saturday, April 10th. Normally that would fall under the blackout rules and wouldn't be available to EI subscribers.

I don't know if this is an error or the blackout rules have changed this season but Directv has a schedule for the 1st week of the season and they list Twins at White Sox 1 PM ET on Saturday, April 10th. Normally that would fall under the blackout rules and wouldn't be available to EI subscribers.
You're right. The blackout window is actually from 4pm to 7pm eastern and this game is prior to that. In the past, Direct would still not show a game that started before the blackout window either.

Getting Saturday 1pm games would be a huge win for MLB EI this year, especially since MLB.tv has had them for at least the past two years.

There are 4 games this Saturday at 1pm. EI is showing just one in the program guide and online schedule. Makes no sense to have only 1 of 4. Also, it's not because it is a 1:05 start, one of the other games is also 1:05 start, the other two are 1:10.

I think it is a mistake, either that or they forgot to put the other 3 in. Sadly, given only one is listed, I think mistake.

Getting Saturday 1pm games would be a huge win for MLB EI this year, especially since MLB.tv has had them for at least the past two years.

There are 4 games this Saturday at 1pm. EI is showing just one in the program guide and online schedule. Makes no sense to have only 1 of 4. Also, it's not because it is a 1:05 start, one of the other games is also 1:05 start, the other two are 1:10.

I think it is a mistake, either that or they forgot to put the other 3 in. Sadly, given only one is listed, I think mistake.

Why that is there and the other games are missing? 723 is listed as Pirates at Diamondbacks, no 724. This reminded me of before last season when Sunday games weren't listed after 2 PM ET and it was obvious that was a mistake.

Hey guys,
Is the FOX thing with no other games on Saturday for games that start at 1-7 or anytime during that span.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, Could the clubs start thier games at 12:59 to get around this stupid rule ?

Thus allowing them to show thier games on thier RSN (still owned by FOX, which is another confusing issue with the rule) during that time frame ?

I am unable to use the arrow keys to scroll through the different screens on the EI HD Mix channel, 720-1. I am able to do it on the SD channel. Is anyone else having this problem?

Now the HD Mix channel just went out and it says, "Channel Not Purchased". The SD mix channel still works

Jimbo the rule only blocks out 4-7pm. MLB.tv shows the 1pm games. It is either a choice D* is making or something odd in their contract with MLB that isn't allowing it. If it was solely the FOX blackout MLB.tv wouldn't have the 1pm games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts