MLB Extra Innings authenticate to MLB.TV

wemathis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
Albuquerque
This years instead of subscribing to MLB.TV, I decided to try Extra Innings. I didn't know how you would get a login to MLB.TV since it is included, then I noticed the button on the mydish website on the order page that says "authenticate to MLB.tv". I clicked and it said to pick your tv provider. When I did that it said it couldn't authenticate right now and to contact your provider. I tried calling Dish 3 different time (and every time I got a different menu system... Strange). Each time the person was very confused about what I was asking and was unable to help me. Anybody here have any ideas, is it just to early to authenticate or am I doing something wrong.

This years instead of subscribing to MLB.TV, I decided to try Extra Innings. I didn't know how you would get a login to MLB.TV since it is included, then I noticed the button on the mydish website on the order page that says "authenticate to MLB.tv". I clicked and it said to pick your tv provider. When I did that it said it couldn't authenticate right now and to contact your provider. I tried calling Dish 3 different time (and every time I got a different menu system... Strange). Each time the person was very confused about what I was asking and was unable to help me. Anybody here have any ideas, is it just to early to authenticate or am I doing something wrong.

When you purchase the seasonal sports Pay Per View MLB Extra Innings, it gives you access to MLB.TV.
  • For a customer to authenticate their MLB.TV subscription, they will need to visit www.mlb.com/tv/activate³
  • The customer will need to select DISH as their TV provider and then log in using their DISH credentials
  • The customer will then need to either log in to their MLB.com account or create an MLB.com account
  • Upon completion the customer will have MLB.TV premium access and the ability to watch MLB games on over 400 devices

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1457550250.585313.jpg

This is what I get when I pick Dish:

We are checking into this to see if it's too early to log in as of yet.

We are checking into this to see if it's too early to log in as of yet.
This is off topic, but since you're currently online, Jessica - can you confirm that MLB EI games are in HD, when available? I'm assuming that to be true but I can't find it written down anywhere.
I made that mistake a few years ago with another provider and ended up paying $200 for mostly SD games. Yuck!

This is off topic, but since you're currently online, Jessica - can you confirm that MLB EI games are in HD, when available? I'm assuming that to be true but I can't find it written down anywhere.
I made that mistake a few years ago with another provider and ended up paying $200 for mostly SD games. Yuck!
Unreal...Why everything has to be so bloody complicated is a freakin mystery....
In looking at the DIRT member's response, I have to ask why this was not spelled out( too early to subscribe) to the customers?
BTW, its BEE ESS.....My MLB.tv is up and running.....RIGHT NOW

I like the use of the word "should"....The only way to check...is to view each of the RSN's on which games will appear. Typically, if Dish carries the HD feed, the games will be available in HD....
If not, they won't..Typically

I was going to order MLB EI in lou of my MLB.TV but I saw this when ordering. Im hesitant now, knowing how Dish does their HD programming. This plainly states SD format. It is not worth the price in SD.

EDIT: Id also like to know how they'll handle Astros and Rockies games since they are on Roots and Dish does not carry that channel.

Attachments

• DISH MLBEI.jpg
    DISH MLBEI.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 284
I was going to order MLB EI in lou of my MLB.TV but I saw this when ordering. Im hesitant now, knowing how Dish does their HD programming. This plainly states SD format. It is not worth the price in SD.
IMO the MLB.tv is much better. Of course that's tied to your individual internet connection speeds.
All games are in HD. There are many interactive features..I like it.....

Reactions: westTXwind
IMO the MLB.tv is much better. Of course that's tied to your individual internet connection speeds.
All games are in HD. There are many interactive features..I like it.....

I've had MLB.TV for the last several years and love it. I just figured since EI was cheaper this year and you still got MLB.TV, I would go that route. But I think im going to stick with just MLB.TV. I'm listening to the Rangers spring training as I type and my account hasn't even renewed yet!!

EDIT: Id also like to know how they'll handle Astros and Rockies games since they are on Roots and Dish does not carry that channel.

There are lots of teams broadcast on channels that Dish doesn't carry. In addition to the ones you mentioned, a few more that come to mind are the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, and Blue Jays. This also comes up in NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice.

I've never subscribed to EI, League Pass, or Center Ice (I'm a long time MLB.tv customer), but I have checked them all out during free preview time out of curiosity. I'll use the Yankees as an example to show what typically happens in these situations.

If the Yankees are playing the Tigers, Dish will usually just give Extra Innings customers the Tigers feed since they don't carry YES. Yankees fans are out of luck if they care about watching the Yankees feed because Dish will rarely, if ever, have it.

Now if the Yankees are playing the Mets, Dish doesn't carry either channel. I believe when this happens, Dish is able to get one of those teams' feeds directly from MLB to offer the game to EI customers. You still won't get a choice of which feed you want to watch and the feed you do get will most likely be SD but you would at least get the game.

This is one of the main reasons I have always preferred MLB.tv. With MLB.tv you always get both RSN feeds in HD. It doesn't matter what RSN a team plays on. You will have access to it in HD as long as you are out of market.

Luckily MLB.tv is included in EI so you will be able to get your missing HD feeds as long as you have a compatible streaming device and internet good enough to support it. If you do have both of those things you really need to decide if the Extra Innings portion is worth the extra $55 over MLB.tv standalone. For me it would not be. For other people it definitely is.

Did we ever get an answer as to if you can access the Spring Training games on MLB.tv if you subscribe to EI ?

Did we ever get an answer as to if you can access the Spring Training games on MLB.tv if you subscribe to EI ?

I haven't seen anyone with EI through either Dish or Directv confirm that they have access to the Spring Training games so I would say that the answer is no.

I've decided to go with it. Not sure when I'll get signed up, but I'll post here as soon as I get it rolling.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

My brother signed up for EI through Dish last week and still cannot authenticate. I am ready to hand over the $165 to Dish, but not until I can actually obtain some programming from the package. I checked Direct, Verizon Fios, and Time Warner and they all navigate successfully to the provider's authentication page. Dish just dumps back to a page with a message saying authentication isn't available with the provider. Wish they would hurry up or just let us know when this will actually work.

My brother signed up for EI through Dish last week and still cannot authenticate. I am ready to hand over the $165 to Dish, but not until I can actually obtain some programming from the package. I checked Direct, Verizon Fios, and Time Warner and they all navigate successfully to the provider's authentication page. Dish just dumps back to a page with a message saying authentication isn't available with the provider. Wish they would hurry up or just let us know when this will actually work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)