MLB Extra Innings

If Dish is charging $165 for MLB EI they are over charging for the service per the class action suit agreement
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/...details-extra-innings-mlb-tv-packages-cheaper

SNIP
  • Price Relief

• MLB will lower the price of MLB.TV to $109.99 for 2016 (from the 2015 price of $129.99). MLB will be prohibited from increasing the price by more than 3% (or the federal Cost of Living Adjustment ("COLA"), if higher) per year through 2020.

• For the 2016 and 2017 MLB seasons, Comcast and DIRECTV will provide the full season MLB Extra Innings product at a 12.5% discount from the 2015 price.
  • Now if Dish charges more than the other providers, so be it. But you're going to have some explaining to do regarding the discrepancy.
  • I'd not want to be in your shoes when customers find out Dish is marking up the price ......essentially because they can....
First, EI is not MLB.tv so that ruling doesn't count.

Second, EI includes MLB.tv so you get two services instead of one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First, EI is not MLB.tv so that ruling doesn't count.

Second, EI includes MLB.tv so you get two services instead of one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow....
The ruling covers BOTH services.
Extra Innings at a 12.5% discount from the 2015 price.
MLB.tv ( for those who buy it standalone....many do just that) $20 off the 2015 price.
Is there something missing here?....

I have MLB.tv set to renew every year, so it renewed last week. I probably would have done the EI package since it includes the MLB.tv subscription. Is it too late to cancel the mlb.tv and just sign up to the EI package?
I think the policy is no refunds..

Thn they are over charging as well. Because the settlement mandates a 12.5% discount off the 2015 price which I believe was $169 for the season.

It was 197.94. The price being offered now reflects the settlement. The DIsh Network price lat year was $195.00. They would seem to be in complaince as well.

I automatically have MLB.tv renew every year, so it renewed last week. I probably would have gone with the EI package since it also includes MLB.tv. is it too late at this point to get EI with dish and get a refund on my MLB.tv?

Probably not - they are pretty easy going during Spring Training. Go ahead and call MLB.TV and see what they say.

Am I crazy for saying that I miss the commercial breaks when watching MLB.tv?
Staring at a blank screen for 2+ minutes is annoying - particularly late in the game when they're changing pitchers every other batter.
There's always an uneasy feeling that the stream froze and the only way to know for sure is to back out of the game and come back in.

I would not be opposed to inserting commercials in or unblocking the original content (I've never understood why they do this - ESPN on SlingTV blocks commericals too)

Staring at a blank screen for 2+ minutes is annoying - particularly late in the game when they're changing pitchers every other batter.
There's always an uneasy feeling that the stream froze and the only way to know for sure is to back out of the game and come back in.

I would not be opposed to inserting commercials in or unblocking the original content (I've never understood why they do this - ESPN on SlingTV blocks commericals too)

Well you can tell it's not frozen because they animate the "commercial break in progress" slate. It's subtle but you will see some movement every couple of seconds. This was added specifically so people wouldn't wonder if the stream was frozen.

I do agree that I would rather have commercials than silence for a couple minutes every break. I actually find it interesting to see local ads from different parts of the country on these RSNs. They did put ads in at times last season but they weren't local ads from the RSNs. They were national ads that they must have signed themselves. Many of them were for the MLB itself or MLB Network. There were some car ads and things like that too. The problem is that they had very few of these so you would see the same exact ones nearly every commercial break. Sometimes you would even see the same add twice in a row during the same commercial break.

I'm certainly not going to pay more money to get commercials from the RSNs though. If they wanted to throw them in to the MLB.tv version that would be fine with me. My guess is that the reason they don't is because they aren't being paid for those ads. The RSNs are.

Well you can tell it's not frozen because they animate the "commercial break in progress" slate. It's subtle but you will see some movement every couple of seconds. This was added specifically so people wouldn't wonder if the stream was frozen.

I do agree that I would rather have commercials than silence for a couple minutes every break. I actually find it interesting to see local ads from different parts of the country on these RSNs. They did put ads in at times last season but they weren't local ads from the RSNs. They were national ads that they must have signed themselves. Many of them were for the MLB itself or MLB Network. There were some car ads and things like that too. The problem is that they had very few of these so you would see the same exact ones nearly every commercial break. Sometimes you would even see the same add twice in a row during the same commercial break.

I thought a few years ago, the animation was MUCH more pronounced than it was last year. It was very subtle last season - so subtle that I'm in the TV biz and I had trouble seeing it, unless I was specifically looking for it.
I did notice a few ads last season. If memory serves, spring training games actually showed a lot of ads.

Still, I can't believe I'm sitting here talking about how I miss the ads while watching a show! But anything is better than the song that ESPN used all winter during football - I dream to that graphic and song. *sigh* :(

Fow WAF reasons I am going with the single team MLB.TV option. To be honest though the MLB EI is very tempting.

I think the policy is no refunds..
I was in the same boat. They charged my card on Mar 1, but when I called today and told them I preferred going the EI route through Dish, they said the refund policy was good for 5 days, but they went ahead and gave me the refund. The problem now is Dish is having a problem taking IE subscriptions, they said call back or try online tomorrow.

It was 197.94. The price being offered now reflects the settlement. The DIsh Network price lat year was $195.00. They would seem to be in complaince as well.
OK I stand corrected. Thank you.
I had no idea it was that much....I never pay attention to it until the season is about half over when the MLB rolls out the price for the remainder of the season.
Last year, i got an email that offered MLB.tv for $50. THat was in June,. about 70 games into the season. Of course being a savvy consumer I jumped all over that deal.
Paying $99 this season. Got the repeat subscriber discount and the discount is off the new price of $109....MLB.tv is much better. All HD....Interactive features. Playback. Archived games. DVR capability. Oh, that's the MLB.tv Premium....

Ahh. One thing I did was put satellite radio in my bonus room in case of the very rare occasions when it freezes up.....

I've been waffling, trying to decide if I want MLB EI (with MLB.tv thrown in) or just MLB.tv.
My mind has just been made up, thanks to T-Mobile.

"T-Mobile Simple Choice customers on qualifying plans can sign up during Opening Week, April 3-10, to get a full, free year’s subscription to MLB.TV Premium"​

MLB.tv is part of the Binge On program too - so there won't be any data charges for watching any games this year.

I'm sure there's some fine print I'm not seeing - since you know what they say about things that seem too good to be true......

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/mlb-2016.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)