MLB Extra Innings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the only way a phillies or yankees game would not be seen is if the only network covering the game was YES or CHN Philadelphia

BFG said:
the only way a phillies or yankees game would not be seen is if the only network covering the game was YES or CHN Philadelphia

Yes, and now they will probably have that situation for Mets and maybe Indians games. :mad:

The last two years, I went real cheap and bought only the audio internet package from www.mlb.com . Last year they had a special for $10 for the entire season. And it carried every single game.

Nice thing about audio/radio, is that you can still surf the net and watch TV while having the game on.

If more games were in HD I would probably pop for the $140. But I'm getting to where I'm not fond of watching sports in SD.

fs2685 said:
That's why I'm reluctant to get EI. I had it the first year I got Dish. Yankee and Mets were always blacked out, taking away two potential games most nights. I still don't understand why my local cable has YES, MSG, and FSNY, yet Dish considers me out of network. My other issue is that I'm a Phillies fan and their home games aren't shown on EI.

Philly games carried on Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia are blacked out due to something called the "terrestrial loophole". When satellite first got started the FCC and Congress decided to make sure the competitive field was level by forcing regional sports nets to make their feeds available to any who wanted them for a fee within competitive parameters. HOWEVER, for some reason they excluded sports networks which were delivered over landlines. Prism (since absorbed by Comcast), a closed circuit channel from philly was the only one that had need of the loophole as everone else used satellite delivery to the headend of the cable companies. Comcast has exploited this ever since and ensured that the fourth largest market in the country has a lower DBS penetration than average due to their ability to keep Flyers, 76ers, and Phillies fans from watching their teams. This explains the strange setup where people in Philadelphia get blacked out of Yankee and Met games since they get MSG and FoxSports NY assigned to them as RSNs.

It's a dumb rule, but it won't change until enough people bitch to their congresspeople about it. Since most Philadelphians seem to have just ignored DBS entirely, there isn't a huge upswell of protests to change the status quo.

I just looked at my Dish bill, and have been charged $159 with a $10. credit for "auto pay".

Yea the charge for me appeared yeasterday for the 10 doller credit.. so im thinking we will be getting credits everytime it charges... for a total of 30 dollars off. that would bring the price down to 129.99

Have any new customers been able to successfully order the MLB EI package so far?

I called Dish today and made some other programming changes, which one of them was going to be to order the MLB EI package. However after the CSR tried to order it for me, he told me he that he could not enter the order into the system and that I would need to call them back around the last week of March/first week of April to take advantage of the early bird pricing...

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts