MLB Network

Dish didn't like the terms for MLB EI a year or so ago, which included the REQUIREMENT to air MLB Network.

Game Over.

Dish isn't willing to pay the exorbitant price for MLB Extra Innings.

You want sports, go to DirecTV. I'm glad Dish isn't wasting the bandwidth in a hopeless attempt to compete in that arena (no pun intended).

So...is MLB network being offered as part of EI, or as a separate channel available to everyone?

...because if it is, well...than hinging its availablity on the ridiculously overpriced sportspacks is just absurd...

So...is MLB network being offered as part of EI, or as a separate channel available to everyone?

...because if it is, well...than hinging its availablity on the ridiculously overpriced sportspacks is just absurd...

Base package, channel 213 starting 1/1/09 on Directv (and many cable systems).

I asked this in another thread. Is it absolutely certain Dish won't have the MLB channel? Dish doesn't offer the NFL package either but has the NFL channel.

I asked this in another thread. Is it absolutely certain Dish won't have the MLB channel? Dish doesn't offer the NFL package either but has the NFL channel.

Yes. Anything in the future is possible.

Sunday Ticket is an exclusive package. MLB EI is not. So not a valid comparison.

After the exorbitant prices given to jocks recently, I concur not to carry MLB on dish. It's time reality was injected into pro sports but apparently it won't happen.

MLB required this channel to get MLBEI, DISH passed.
I'm still unclear that this is truly the case. I know that MLB Network was part of the package with MLB Extra Innings, but I didn't ever see an official statement stating that the network would only be offered as part of that package.

I'm still unclear that this is truly the case. I know that MLB Network was part of the package with MLB Extra Innings, but I didn't ever see an official statement stating that the network would only be offered as part of that package.

I would imagine MLB will want this channel on as many platforms as possible, just as the NFL channel wanted. After all, they will have games just as the NFL channel does and will want as many eyes on them as possible and they will not restrict that to only those who have EI. Of course, this is just my opinion.

It's time reality was injected into pro sports

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Dish isn't willing to pay the exorbitant price for MLB Extra Innings.

You want sports, go to DirecTV. I'm glad Dish isn't wasting the bandwidth in a hopeless attempt to compete in that arena (no pun intended).
How is it a waste of bandwidth when it is simply a mirror of what is already shown on the conus feed of the RSNs?

How is it a waste of bandwidth when it is simply a mirror of what is already shown on the conus feed of the RSNs?

The thread is about MLB Network, not MLB:EI, so I was referring to the former, although the reason Dish doesn't have it is the latter. We are not all the baseball fans you are. I'd take RFD-TV HD before I'd take MLB Network HD. But that's me.

The thread is about MLB Network, not MLB:EI, so I was referring to the former, although the reason Dish doesn't have it is the latter. We are not all the baseball fans you are. I'd take RFD-TV HD before I'd take MLB Network HD. But that's me.
Yes, adding one more HD channel will use more bandwidth. Your post specifically mentioned EI, and it was that part of the post I was replying to.

I do agree with your main point about specific providers catering, more or less, to specific demographics. Direct does cater to the sports subs more so than Dish. It is always nice to have an option to go to another provider if sports isn't your thing.

There are a lot of Dish subs that would still like to see the MLB channel, especially since Dish already carries the NFL, NBA, and NHL channels.

DISH is still losing people because of MLB. DISH had MLB on their website on 1/07 when I paid $200 for my 622. DISH refuses to pay ??? for EI, whimpers about putting up one lousy Baseball channel. Now with Ciel 2 spotbeaming, 'moving' will not work too well (for HD Locals). So I hope that I can get Fox, CBS and NBC OTA HD come February or I may be gone. I also have FiOS internet, so that is an option IF they have lots of HD Baseball.

DISH continues to lose so many high end Football and Baseball fans to D* and in some cases, cable. They still do not understand that sports is a driver for HD. No YES Network and others, DISH really needs to wise up. The lower end consumer will reduce their packages, perhaps not pay at all in this big recession.
:hungry: for EI

There is a "Channel Locator" section here that has a link to submit a form letter to Dish Network to add the channel. Maybe it's not too late after all...
For what it's worth, I sent the form letter off to E*. I'm still holding out hope that there's a chance they'll come to an agreement prior to opening day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts